new build not working

Bortag

Aug 11, 2013
I bought all these parts about a month ago and since then have tried about 8 different windows installs (windows 8 and windows 7), and for some reason it will freeze on me for 30 seconds or so every few minutes. there are some triggers but for the most part random. Runescape was one of them(old school ya play with my little brother
tongue.gif
) even 1 eve online client. I dont think it starts freezing until after i do a windows updates. im running a fresh install of windows before any updates and only have mozilla and the latest nvidia drivers installed. so far no freezes. I built this thing to play ffxiv but at this rate do not see myself being able to play it. when i view event viewer the event ids are always random. I have been all over the internet trying to fix this myself but i just cant seem to find the issue.

My Build:
MB: asrock 990fx extreme4
CPU: Fx-8350
SSD: Corsair Neutron Series GTX
DRIVE: asus br drive
GPU: MSI 770 gtx lighting
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750
MEMORY: 2 x 4GB HyperX Beast 1600mhz

Bortag

Aug 11, 2013
Welcome to the forums. What are the Event.and do you get BSOD with this.

thx i tried to stay away from forum posting for a whole month now and learn/figure it out on my own but im just fed up at this point.

do not have event ids on hand since i wiped computer again and am on a fresh install of windows. i remember 7009 off top of my head and lot of error reporting took to much time to respond, as well as dsm errors also. I have not gotten a bsod once in the entirety of owning this build

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
What are you doing/what is running when the computer freezes?
What external devices (USB,Firewire, etc) do you have plugged into the system?