New build is freezing and seems sluggish

jamesdsimone

Dec 21, 2015
I just got my new build up and running and it is sluggish and freezes every few minutes. This is the build.

1)ASUS Sabertooth FX990 R2.0
2)FX 8350 Corsair water cooler H90.
3)Sapphire 5850 1Gb with AMD's last Win7 driver release. - This is a temporary card until I decide what to upgrade to.
4)2x8 gbs Gskill PC1866 - I am not sure the exact memory off hand.
5)3 2TB Hitachi 7200/6.0 SATA/64mb
6)DVD RW
7)Blue ray player
8)ASUS Xonar sound card - I haven't installed the drivers yet.
8)1200w LEPA power supply.

The computer is running very poorly. When it boots there is always a pause of a second or less when the windows logo appears on the screen.
It always boots to the desktop with no problem. However, the computer freezes every few minutes, the freezes last anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute or two. While it is frozen the mouse cursor moves fine but all the icons do not respond. When it unfreezes everything works fine. It has never crashed. I have run 3Dmark06 and it seems to run ok. I got a score of 20,664. It also seems very sluggish. Windows seem to open faster on my tricore phenom II. I have google it and there is memory issues so I have assumed it was that. I tried various fixes like setting the memory to PC1333, PC1600 and PC1866 and setting the memory to Auto and to D.O.C.P. None of these have helped.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Not sure why this is in the 'motherboard' section instead of 'computer help'.

Might want to message a moderator to move it, as you will get more troubleshooting help in the correct sub-forum.

jamesdsimone

Dec 21, 2015
Not sure why this is in the 'motherboard' section instead of 'computer help'.

Might want to message a moderator to move it, as you will get more troubleshooting help in the correct sub-forum.

Because I think it is a motherboard issue. I'll just cut and paste it thanks.