Question New build doesn't post (DRAM LED)

Snxck

Oct 9, 2022
My new build (R5 5600, Sapphire Pulse RX 6700XT, 16GB 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance DDR4, B350M Pro VD Plus) fails to post and the DRAM debug LED is on. This issue persists through every permutation of memory arrangements. Moreover, this system does post and enters the bios when fitted with a R3 1200 I used to update the mobo bios to the 7B38v2I3 version. I don't understand what the issue here is and I would really appreciate any help or advice you could offer. (I have checked the CPU pins and everything seems to be in order)

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
That's what I get for checking the US site, it had no such page. Your reply is a little rude though. I was merely trying to help and that was the results that came up.

Sorry, but if you want to look for reasons to get offended by other people's "rudeness", perhaps your should take a look at your own reply objectively and realize you were belittling the OP... Clearly he knew about BIOS updates and all, considering that he even mentioned the latest available file.. Yet you glossed over his post and questioned the board itself. And to make things worse, you also pasted a huge image file, making it hard to scroll down the thread - a particularly egregious move, since the content of the picture is absolutely useless, and doesn't even retain the hyperlinks.

Imagine going to a car forum where someone is complaining about their engine not starting, and asking them if they're sure they put gas in the tank...

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
@Snxck , have you ensured that the BIOS update completed properly? Since that BIOS is in beta, I would presume that MSI is not guaranteeing results with Zen3. If the B350M can't be made to work, my recommendation would be to get a B450 board where Zen3 support is not in beta, like the MSI B450M Pro-M2 Max or the ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Sorry, but if you want to look for reasons to get offended by other people's "rudeness", perhaps your should take a look at your own reply objectively and realize you were belittling the OP... Clearly he knew about BIOS updates and all, considering that he even mentioned the latest available file.. Yet you glossed over his post and questioned the board itself. And to make things worse, you also pasted a huge image file, making it hard to scroll down the thread - a particularly egregious move, since the content of the picture is absolutely useless, and doesn't even retain the hyperlinks.

Imagine going to a car forum where someone is complaining about their engine not starting, and asking them if they're sure they put gas in the tank...
WOW! I belittled the OP by asking a question? A simple one at that? And I was the only one who took ANY time to respond to the post! I merely asked the question based on what I found on MSI's US website which doesn't indicate any support for that CPU.

And the image posted was a screenshot from a mobile phone which appears normal size when viewing from mobile.

ZERO ill intentions whatsoever to the OP or anyone else reading this thread. Perhaps you misjudged my comment.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
@In2Photos, images can be stopped from automatically loading with spoiler tags:
Code:
 [spoiler][img] (image url here) [/img][/spoiler]
screenshot_20221009-112111-png.68872

This can be helpful to users in bandwidth limited environments, or even someone viewing in dark mode who doesn't want their retinas fried by the sudden appearance of a large, bright image. ;)

At any rate, I hope the OP gets back to us with an update!