Question New Build: 2600x or 3600x? $80 difference...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
New Build: 2600x or 3600x? $80 difference...

Very straight forward question, looking to have an answer by tonight. I can get the 2600x for $80 or the 3600x for $160. I'll be pairing it with a Noctua D14, 16gb of 3200mhz ram, and Aorus B450 Wifi Pro mb, XFX RX 580 8gb.

Id like to be able to play CSGO @ 4k @ max settings.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'm gunna assume you paid, which is why you worded your post like this. absolutely not true. I waited 1.5 weeks. And with that planned, i had all the rest of my parts at the end of 1.5 weeks for the build.
But i bet you didn't get yours for free and paid someone money for it.
I guess it depends if they've opened up other locations to handle things like that / RMA service.

I've only had one of their fans fail in the whole time I've used their products (I think it was about 4 years into the 6 year warranty). Their customer service was very prompt in their responses, the replacement fan had to be mailed from Austria since they handled RMAs and it took a while to arrive in the States.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Like with a good motor, no placement for displacement. I say get the best cpu you could afford. If my money i am not planning nothing less then a 8c/16t option by end of year. Perhaps if Cyberpunk2077 is worth maybe opt for a 3000/Comet chip over waiting on 4000 series. If its anything like Ampere, human malware situation MAY push this one perhaps further?

CHADBOGA

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2009
I'm gunna assume you paid, which is why you worded your post like this. absolutely not true. I waited 1.5 weeks. And with that planned, i had all the rest of my parts at the end of 1.5 weeks for the build.
But i bet you didn't get yours for free and paid someone money for it.
I'm sure I have read you talking about how long it was taking for your bracket to arrive?

Whilst I haven't paid for my bracket yet, I am almost certainly going to when the need arises, as I couldn't be bothered stuffing around for such a small sum of money.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
I'm sure I have read you talking about how long it was taking for your bracket to arrive?

Whilst I haven't paid for my bracket yet, I am almost certainly going to when the need arises, as I couldn't be bothered stuffing around for such a small sum of money.
free, and 1.5 weeks. waited longer for my case to come. whats the point of this again?