WoodButcher

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2001
My new box, it was a kingwin case, still is, sort of, some pics from the e-tailer for comparison -

Mine had a blue light!
the way it was!

It now contains the quad in my sig, a dual loop, triple rad setup, dual MC355's w/ the XSPC tops, the v2 Dtek alone on a MCR320 QP and the MCW60 w/ a Dtek unisink, the NB and 2 rads MCR120 and MCR220 QP for the vid loop.I used 3/8" tubing slid over the new 1/2" high flow barbs, Bitspower brand. Hot water and KY were needed to fit those puppies.

The single swiftech comes w/ 3/8 barbs soldered on so they had to go.

a little solder works wonders.

I wanted a 2 bay res but for 2 loops, I could find no such beastie so I made one.

leak testing

Time to hack the case, I went off like an angry beaver,

drives?
front
back
big psu

A little paint and the build begins,

a little paint, test fitting,,,
octopus!

So I get the P5K-VM up and running and I cooked her w/ a volt mod, it was running sweet at 3.6 but the mofsets were hot and one burned!

P5K
P5K screenie

The MCW30 block wouldn't fit the new board but I had this laying around. I left a couple of spare parts in the pic so you could tell where it came from.

NB block???

New board, a couple packs of enzotech heatsinks and we're ready to go.

It Lives!
mobo back
mobo front
I do windows!
case closed front angle
Dark

In the front you can see my fan control and Lian Li temp readouts, the fan control wouldn't go as low as 5v so I switched the output to the fans on a DPDT switches so I can run w/ the control or 5v strait from the psu.The temp readout has 3 probes so I have 2 in the loops and one giving me the ambient air temp.

drive bays

Well, she's running fine at 3.2, the best I could get from the other board w/o the volt mod so I guess it's time to heat up this board too! Has anyone seen a good pencilmod for the P5E???:laugh:
I put coretemp up beside Realtemp for comparison's sake. RT has been calibrated according to the author's instruction at idle. I've set it up on 4 other pc's with accurate results so far so I trust it over core temp any day.

24hr + prime screenie.

Aigo, I hear you all the way on the East Coast,,,, stop screaming at those UV lights!:D

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: WoodButcher

Aigo, I hear you all the way on the East Coast,,,, stop screaming at those UV lights!:D

ROFLROFLROFLROFL....

its okey i totally understand. This is the first time your doing dual loops so you wanted the double color bling.

ahahahahaha... give it 3 more months until you go back to straight distilled. :p

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
pretty.

I like the forethought in extending the PSU mounting. Nice job overall.

-z

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
Originally posted by: aigomorla
Originally posted by: WoodButcher

ROFLROFLROFLROFL....

its okey i totally understand. This is the first time your doing dual loops so you wanted the double color bling.

ahahahahaha... give it 3 more months until you go back to straight distilled. :p

Straight distilled is boring. Though I'm getting more and more fed up with UV dye fading out then coating everything with a film of gunk :frown: was thinking UV tubing but they don't make any in 7/16" ID 5/8" OD :(

WoodButcher

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2001
Originally posted by: BlueAcolyte
TURKEY!
:Q

Thanks, I deserved that!
lol!
;)

Ya know, it's funny I like the lighting, UV gave me the "hots" since I was a kid and here in middle age I find a medium where the use of it is encouraged,,, as for the longevity or algae growth, the longest I've had a loop up w/o some sort of tear down or upgrade has been 12 months. No algae but I do notice the tubes discolor and one fluid I used did cause a buildup. I setup the loop so I can flush easy, My bath has a foot wide shelf all the way round that's perfect for the PC, connect the loop to the hot tap water and let flow. Lather, rinse, repeat:laugh: The bath in itself could be another build thread but I think that would be another forum, :roll:

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Looks like an impressive amt of water for a modest system. Nice craftsmanship. You're running three notebook drives strapped to the side there ?

WoodButcher

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2001
2/ 200g Hitachi 7200 rpm and a seagate 160 for the OS and proggies. Someone posted about them in the hot deals, they were external usb. They're great for mods like this. I suppose you could call it modest w/ the new hardware that is out now but the next day I have to play with this thing I'll be trying the vcore mod again so the water is almost a necessity. As it is at 3.2 if you like quiet it's great, the lights are the loudest thing about this box:D

WoodButcher

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2001
Glad to help in any way I can, by offering suggestion to others and watching what they do I can add to my own resources, tips, tricks and shortcuts are always welcomed. Thank you!

roid450

Sep 4, 2008
damn, you got some good fab skills. whenever I try to fabricate something up it always comes out ghetto :thumbsdown:

WoodButcher

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2001
Yes, currently 4 panaflo 38mm, 2 slipstreams and one yates. They are all on the fan control and can be downvolted 12-7v or switched to 5v. That box is being ripped up to build a new nightstand.