New Balance walking shoes vs. Reebok

aic

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
I was always a Reebok buyer mostly because of the available web discounts but my feet were a hurt'in and the shoe store guy recommended New Balance 1122 MC which have a very sturdy bottom. No major discounts for these shoes on the web. I was at the B & M shore store (local) and I was thinking I could get them cheaper on the web but I bought them there because the sales guy was pretty good. Turns out, the web had them cheaper for $5 not including shipping.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
walking shoes? just grab a pair of airmax and you're good. cheaply made and breaks after a year, but they are comfortable as hell.

Reactions: Justin0109

laurenlex

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2004
I thought "Boots were made for walkin'"

OK, that sucked, flame me.

New Balance > Reebok

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: laurenlex

New Balance > Reebok

Especially if you have wide feet.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
I gave up on even trying on Reeboks years ago because they were never comfortable.
I usually buy Nike or New Balance now. I find them to be a lot more comfortable.
But it probably depends on your feet.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Walking shoes are a scam.

Just buy running shoes that fit properly and offer the support your feet need.

Stolen from about.com:

"Shoe manufacturers are putting the best design and technology into running shoe styles, while walking shoe styles are being designed primarily for market appeal rather than performance."

Walking shoes are just compromised running shoes. Most walkers will tell you the same thing.

imported_Snagle

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Amused

Stolen from about.com:

"Shoe manufacturers are putting the best design and technology into running shoe styles, while walking shoe styles are being designed primarily for market appeal rather than performance."

Walking shoes are just compromised running shoes. Most walkers will tell you the same thing.

So True.

Walking shoes are for old people who are too conservative to wear running shoes because of the mesh and bright colors. They're usually cheaper too which is a selling point for a lot of people. New Balance's best selling walking shoe, the 620, costs $60. You can the Asics Gel 1100 for $75 and I garuntee it will perform a helluva lot better.

Don't fall for the marketing, get a decent running shoe (see: not from wal-mart) for walking.

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I love my Nike Max Airs. Extremely comfortable. I walked around DC all day and didn't have on problem.

-Kevin

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Originally posted by: laurenlex

New Balance > Reebok

Especially if you have wide feet.

I hear ya. I have really wide feet and New Balance are about the only shoes I can easilly find which will fit.

Dave

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I always buy shoes at Kohls. They always have huge 50% of salles and such. And I almsot always buy Reeboks. Got my last pair for.. $30 or so? But I don't have specialty shoes...

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Amused

Stolen from about.com:

man. you must run around screaming out 'it's a scam!' all damn day.

Stinkfinger

Apr 12, 2005
Ever since I've discovered New Balance several years back I've never purchased another brand of sneakers. Top quality and very comfy!

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
My current trainers are reeboks,2 pairs of very comfortable.Ive had new balance in the past comfotable too.I dont walk on them,so why did i post in this thread.idont know either.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
aac.thumb.gif

But...yeah. 2005 does sort of seem like yesterday...