New Australian Prime Minister

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018
And when he is impeached I wonder what crazy loones you will be yappering on here then.. I am guessing none, cause you'll take the cowards way out and just disappear. Prove me wrong.

I sincerely doubt he'll ever be impeached. Even with a massive blue wave there won't be enough to penetrate the shell that protects him from impeachment.

Do you really think the people who are well paid through his presidency are going to do anything? I don't.

That's why the Warren bill will never pass even though it's sorely needed to prevent this kind of situation.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I sincerely doubt he'll ever be impeached. Even with a massive blue wave there won't be enough to penetrate the shell that protects him from impeachment.

Do you really think the people who are well paid through his presidency are going to do anything? I don't.

That's why the Warren bill will never pass even though it's sorely needed to prevent this kind of situation.
I think they will have to.. either that or abandon the rule of law... Cause if they dont the pendulum will swing back at some point and Imagine dems doing to the gop what trump-gop is doing to the US now.. Criminal investigations all around. I think alot of them is thinking about their future right now, their childrens future..

itsmydamnation

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2011
I keep reading this but nothing is getting through. It is English, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_anting
White-anting is an Australian term for the process of internal erosion of a foundation. It is often used in reference to groups such as political parties or organisations where information from group insiders is 'leaked' or used to undermine the goals of the group. The Macquarie Dictionary says the verb "to white-ant" means "to subvert or undermine from within".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership_spill
In Australian politics, a leadership spill (or simply spill)[1] is a declaration that the leadership of a parliamentary party (also known as a caucus) is vacant, and open for re-election.[2] A spill may involve all leadership positions (leader and deputy leader in both houses), or just the leader.[3] Where a rival to the existing leader calls for a spill, it may also be called a leadership challenge.[2]

A spill for the leadership of the party in power will result in the prime minister of Australia changing mid term.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
You've gotta be kidding me...they want to appoint Tony Abbott as minister of aboriginal affairs...this is what Aborginal spokeswoman had to say about that -

"Tony Abbott has a track record in terms of denying Aboriginal people their rights to social justice, but also to self-determination.

"There's almost that notion of chief protector has come back to re-visit us. We're all very dismayed at the outcome."

"He has attitudes that are archaic in terms of First Nations peoples' cultures, particularly in remote communities … describing them as life choices.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...oice-anger-at-tony-abbott-envoy-role/10179436