New Addition to the Family *Links Fixed*

SpiderWiz

Nov 24, 2004
Originally posted by: StarsFan4Life
Originally posted by: SpiderWiz
Call it Cheesy. (south park reference.)

Is that Cartmans cat's name, or was it just "Naaheahh Kitty....that's my pot-pie!"

It's from the Major Boobage episode, I just watched it online today. Getting high from cat urine, its called cheesing.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Were you the poster with the FeLV recently?

If so there is a lot of debate on how soon one should wait before bringing in a new cat (esp kitten) I'd recommend it's vaccinated either way. While rare, a cat even on an enclosed patio can be exposed.

Feline leukemia virus will not survive outside the cat for more than a few hours in most environments. However, FeLV-infected cats are frequently infected with other hardier infectious agents, and these may pose some threat to a newcomer. Thoroughly clean and disinfect or replace food and water dishes, bedding, litter pans and toys. A dilute solution of household bleach (4 ounces of bleach in a gallon of water) makes an excellent disinfectant. Vacuum carpets and mop floors. Any new cats or kittens should be properly vaccinated before entering the household.

quick google for a recommended cleansing for an area where a FeLV cat may have existed.

Good luck and get the cat it's shots. To many people ignore taking their cats to the vet although they take their dogs.

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Were you the poster with the FeLV recently?

If so there is a lot of debate on how soon one should wait before bringing in a new cat (esp kitten) I'd recommend it's vaccinated either way. While rare, a cat even on an enclosed patio can be exposed.

Feline leukemia virus will not survive outside the cat for more than a few hours in most environments. However, FeLV-infected cats are frequently infected with other hardier infectious agents, and these may pose some threat to a newcomer. Thoroughly clean and disinfect or replace food and water dishes, bedding, litter pans and toys. A dilute solution of household bleach (4 ounces of bleach in a gallon of water) makes an excellent disinfectant. Vacuum carpets and mop floors. Any new cats or kittens should be properly vaccinated before entering the household.

quick google for a recommended cleansing for an area where a FeLV cat may have existed.

Good luck and get the cat it's shots. To many people ignore taking their cats to the vet although they take their dogs.

No idea was FelV is and the post was not me.

Shots come next Wednesday! Declaw at 16 weeks!

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Did your friend give you a sealed copy of the cat, or were there fingerprints on it?