Question new 4k monitor S32B800PXW lagging

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
samsung monitor 32 inches 4k 60hz is lagging if i maximize minimize etc. in windows animations and transitions but monitor is running at 60hz. What to do?

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Err... You can't use screen grabs to demonstrate a washed out monitor.

Also, you haven't said what monitor you have. "Samsung" doesn't count.

Anyhow, if it's a VA panel, they have comparatively poor viewing angles.
hey i updated my model and it is IPS, it seems washed out and also windows animation ui maximize minimize etc. lag

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
OK, I give up. As I already mentioned, you cannot use screen grabs to demonstrate monitor washout. Just think about it.
these are my all questions now:
ok i have installed my new samsung monitor 4k S32B800PXW . My questions are:
  1. on bottom of screen till say if we go up till center , colors look good but on top white feels washed out like if i open ms word 2021 that all white stuff on top is washed out and also if folders area there which are yellow on top, they also feels whitish yellow like faded. Is there anything that can be done?
  2. If i use display scaling to 200%, will i loose much screen if i use adobe creative cloud all apps? after installing fresh windows, it is automatically at 150%, if after installing nvidia drivers and later i change scaling settings many times like 175% 200% etc, will it make my text pixelated? Should i reinstall windows if i tried to change scaling many times as i dont want to use adust cleartype text? 150% is low for me as i have weak eye sight, 175% be optimum as i dont want to loose much screen estate in adobe premier pro? As i already now use adjust cleartype text, text now looks a little bad pixelated in chrome atleast
  3. Now lets come to monitor settings: If i turn response time fastest, if i scroll down youtube comments, there is white ghosting shimmering in text in comments, is it normal? Should i turn off local dimming? What is best sharpness level to make text so smooth that it is perfect? Contrast and brightness level should go up or down in sync? Which picture mode should i use srgb, bt.709, dci p3, dicom,cinema? I mostly do adobe apps, netflix and games as well. Which will provide best natural overall color? How do i mage my white , natural white, any way to do color correction manually?
  4. Ever since i installed this monitor, there is visible UI animation lag in windows 10, even if i maximize and minimize, what should i do? i have gtx 1650 super and i9 10900k?
  5. Last question is should i reinstall windows as i have tinkered much with many settings, as windows will set scaling to 150 but i will change it to 175% then install video driver?

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Make a good, clear video with your mobie phone, upload to imgur.com and share the link so we may see what you are talking about.
Yes, something like that would work.

OP, if you take a screen grab, all that is doing is showing us what the image SHOULD look like, before it is even displayed on your monitor. Your screen grabs won't have any washout of course, because that's the problem with your monitor, not your computer.

Anyhow, I don't see any reviews online of your monitor. FWIW, some monitors have poor brightness uniformity due to uneven backlighting, with noticeably lower brightness at the edges. Also, I suspect the matte treatment on some of these monitors reduces brightness off-axis, even on IPS monitors.

If the brightness falloff is due to the viewing angle, it's typically more obvious on 32" monitors than it is on smaller monitors, due to the more extreme viewing angle on 32" monitors at normal seating distances.

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013

OP, if you take a screen grab, all that is doing is showing us what the image SHOULD look like, before it is even displayed on your monitor. Your screen grabs won't have any washout of course, because that's the problem with your monitor, not your computer.

Anyhow, I don't see any reviews online of your monitor. FWIW, some monitors have poor brightness uniformity due to uneven backlighting, with noticeably lower brightness at the edges. Also, I suspect the matte treatment on some of these monitors reduces brightness off-axis, even on IPS monitors.

If the brightness falloff is due to the viewing angle, it's typically more obvious on 32" monitors than it is on smaller monitors, due to the more extreme viewing angle on 32" monitors at normal seating distances.
sadly, return window closed yesterday :( and will have to live with it now :) maybe i am sitting just 20 inches from monitor that may be an issue

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013

how do i caliberate accurately manually? please help

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Different panel tech. Could be that it was a TN panel which have good timings but terrible picture quality instead.

be sure to use the gaming mode with the current one.
hi i am fine now and back again, can you help me two things red appears maroon on my monitor on youtube as compared to my mobile and 2nd issue is i selected response time to fastest but still same stutter and lag

Khanan

Aug 27, 2017
hi i am fine now and back again, can you help me two things red appears maroon on my monitor on youtube as compared to my mobile and 2nd issue is i selected response time to fastest but still same stutter and lag
Good. Best if you record a video of what you experience else it’s hard to understand what you mean.