Neverwinter Nights Woes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: datalink7
Doesn't work on my computer (1.33ghz T-Bird, Geforce 3, 512 mb DDR RAM), but it works on my friends 800mhz Duron.

It always freezes with mine. So much it is pretty much unplayable. And it corrupts the saves.

My computer doesn't have problems with any other game. I can play anything from Medal of Honor, Morrowind, GTA3, Warcraft 3... everything is fine except for NWN:|

Are you using the texture packs? Try turning those off. However, I'm running 64MB textures on a PIII 900 with a GF3Ti200 on WinXP and it plays great.

I've tried everything (that I can think of)

Different Texture Packs.

Different drivers (including beta ones).

Different resolutions.

Disabling sound.

Different advanced options.

All the patches.

Tweaking Win XP.

A COMPLETELY fresh format/reinstall with NWN being the FIRST thing installed after updates (even before office).

All a no go.:(

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Doesn't work on my computer (1.33ghz T-Bird, Geforce 3, 512 mb DDR RAM), but it works on my friends 800mhz Duron.

It always freezes with mine. So much it is pretty much unplayable. And it corrupts the saves.

My computer doesn't have problems with any other game. I can play anything from Medal of Honor, Morrowind, GTA3, Warcraft 3... everything is fine except for NWN:|
Try Dungeon Siege, it goes down more often than a crack whore.
I beat Dungeon Siege without a single crash :p

Wasn't talking about single player. I found it too boring to play it in single player mode. Multi player mode was unstable as hell.

Adrian Tung

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MSantiago
If you're having trouble with the SecuROM protection, just make an image of the CD on your hard drive using your favorite burning software (CloneCD, CDRWIN, Nero, etc.) and download Daemon Tools. It'll mount the image as virtual CD-ROM drive and you won't have any SecuROM compatibility issues to get in the way.

Just to add to that - if you already have Daemon Tools installed it may have already been blacklisted by SecuROM. You'll need to download the latest version of Daemon Tools in order for 1.22 to work with it. This comes from a post from the NWN forums.

:)atwl

SinnerWolf

Dec 30, 2000
had issues with it the first day, switched to an NVIDIA based card and all was well. Really good game, although i'll most likely never play it again now that i've beat it with most of the char classes/alignments. Only game that has given me prolonged issues is.... *drumsplease* Dungeon Siege. Leave it to MS to release a D-clone that crashes on their own OS and is still after 6 months of being out, unresolved.