Neverwinter Nights 2 questions

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
Some real quick questions if you guys don't mind helping me out.

First, if I buy a used copy of this game will I still be able to play online with my brother, co-op? We're looking to each grab a copy in the next few days and play through it together and hopefully download more quests later on. I just want to make sure it's not a Steam-type game. Do you just register the CD key with them and log in to play?

Second, is it worth it to buy the Gold version or any of the expansions?

Any other comments or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
if I buy a used copy of this game will I still be able to play online with my brother, co-op?
That would probably depend if the other guy is still using that key to play online.
Do you just register the CD key with them and log in to play?
You do not have to "login" for single player, but you do have to type in a license key when you install it. I have not played multiplayer in either NWN1 or NWN2, so I do not know the answer to that for multiplayer.
Second, is it worth it to buy the Gold version or any of the expansions?
Are you talking about Neverwinter Nights 1? AFAIK, there is no NWN2 gold edition.

My suggestion is that you patch the game to the latest version before trying to play it, out of the box it is rather buggy. After that, enjoy the game and the user made content for it. It is one of the best newer cRPGs, but the community made content (at least for NWN1) is where it is at.