Nevermind :)

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
WTF? Is this some sort of deranged argument against gay marriage?

FiddleDD

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
no this is curiousity ...

Are the liberal people on this forum...that liberal...?

If they don't agree with it...why not?

Because I keep reading..love is love...2 people if they are in love..should be able to be married...so...I'm curious

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Two consenting adults with zero chance of producing mutant offspring? Sure, I don't care. Also, it isn't conservative vs liberal, it is statist vs libertarian. There is no compelling state interest in the matter so the state should stand aside.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: FiddleDD

Because I keep reading..love is love...2 people if they are in love..should be able to be married...so...I'm curious

Wow.... Just well.. Wow.... Do you really think that liberals, by supporting gay marriage, support incest as well? Seriously?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
father falls in love with his daughter, should they be allowed to marry?

If, as a pair, they are capable of producing genetically damaged children then there may be a compelling state interest in denying marriage to this couple.

FiddleDD

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
But haven't we been just trained to think incest is wrong?

Back in the day...a great majority of people thought gay was very wrong...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

A majority still do. That doesn't create a state interest compelling enough to deny equal treatment.

FiddleDD

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
Originally posted by: aphex

Wow.... Just well.. Wow.... Do you really think that liberals, by supporting gay marriage, support incest as well? Seriously?

lol hey you can't blame me..why do you think I'm still just a diamond member after almost 10 years :)

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
one word

coercion.

A court would never allow a father/son or any other incestuous marriage because of coercion.

get real you guys...and lock this stupid thread.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000
This is a troll thread (sorry).

But what the hell. I have read some animals in nature have homosexual relationship. But not this troll topic of father/son. You cannot find any study or evidence, anywhere at all. It's complete BS analogy you are proposing.

So yes, homosexual behavior is part of nature as indicated by other animals. But not this troll topic.

My 2 cents before locked.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

pederasty was common in ancient Greece.

FiddleDD

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
You really think this doesn't happen? This in a society where a man gives birth to a baby...and is pregnant again...

FiddleDD

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
Originally posted by: babylon5
This is a troll thread (sorry).

But what the hell. I have read some animals in nature have homosexual relationship. But not this troll topic of father/son. You cannot find any study or evidence, anywhere at all. It's complete BS analogy you are proposing.

So yes, homosexual behavior is part of nature as indicated by other animals. But not this troll topic.

My 2 cents before locked.

So ...if animals don't have a tendency towards something...humans shouldn't...or won't?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You're trying too hard. Take a break and allow the P&N pros to work up a lather.