Nevermind

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Eeezee
I'd like to stop playing WoW, but I'd also like to make a little cash (being a grad student means you are forever poor).

What's the best way to find a buyer for a WoW account?

Good luck with that. You're setting yourself up for a potential migraine.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Yeah, I've had it on craigslist for nearly 3 weeks and everyone who expresses interest changes their mind at the last second. "Great, shall I give you my paypal addres?" "Nah, I changed my mind, sorry!"

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: LoKe
...eBay?

I've checked ebay, most accounts on ebay never sell. And then you still have to deal with ebay fees as well, which is silly.

Kur

Feb 19, 2005
Markeedragon.com

Be warned, any site now adays is going to have a large amount of scammers. If you go through Markee ALWAYS ask for a feedback thread and make sure the names are the same (copy and past the AIM name into notepad, and the one in the thread can compare) I don't know how many times people have been fooled because a certain text makes x letter look like another.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Is this even legal? I mean doesn't the EULA or TOS agreement have something about transferring accounts from one person to another being against the rules?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: cmdrdredd
Is this even legal? I mean doesn't the EULA or TOS agreement have something about transferring accounts from one person to another being against the rules?

you CAN sell the accnt as long as you uninstall WoW and send the buyer all the CDs and retail mats and such

anyway OP YGPM

Veos

Oct 31, 2007
accountbay.com - safe but they only offer $150-250 max for an account.
mmobay.net - never tried it, but seems reliable and active.

ZappDogg

Jul 18, 2005
Sold on mine on ebay for 250, and he was pretty epic'd out. It's a buyer's market, good luck.

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis

you CAN sell the accnt as long as you uninstall WoW and send the buyer all the CDs and retail mats and such

anyway OP YGPM

Can you provide proof for your words? I was under the impression it is against the EULA.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: hooflung
Originally posted by: Anubis

anyway OP YGPM

Can you provide proof for your words? I was under the impression it is against the EULA.

its in the EULA, im at work and im not gonna search for it now

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: hooflung

This is most certainly NOT true. I spoke directly with a Blizzard representative when I tried to sell my account (of course he had no idea who I was, so I didn't get my account perma-banned), and here are the rules:

1) Accounts can be played only by the person registered on the account or close relatives (i.e. your family). I believe they are also supposed to be in the same household.

2) Characters can only be transfered between accounts owned by the same person, which is how I transfered characters between my two accounts.

3) You cannot sell your CDs unless you have destroyed your account. There is actually a process for doing this, although I can't remember the email address that you contact.

4) You do not own your account. It's Blizzard's property.

I actually tried to work around selling by mentioning something about #3 and they brought up their CD selling method.

So yes, this is against the EULA/TOS.