Never send a kid to get stuff for dinner

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ubern00b

Jun 11, 2019
Stewed tomatoes are (I'm assuming) the same as what we call tinned chopped tomatoes in the UK and is the base for a bolognese sauce, just add ground beef, onions, mushrooms, salt pepper, garlic and basil and let it all simmer for an half hour or so, no need to pay for pre-made "spaghetti sauce" for future reference :D

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I have no basil. Complete failure as a single white male.

Not COMPLETE failure! ;)

You have red & black pepper now get basil, oregano, paprika, ginger, curry, garlic powder, onion powder.

Or if seriously broke (I know the feeling) grab the biggest bottle of Adobo you can afford and your all set! This last includes salt so apply carefully!

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have no basil. Complete failure as a single white male.
You sound like my Uncle

He has been divorced for like 10 years, and his kitchen has spaghetti-os, salt, pepper, and diet mountain dew.
Not everybody wants to be a home chef

I didn't get Basil until AFTER I got hooked up, because when I was cooking for 1, I didn't have anybody to impress.
Now, wife does all dishes and laundry, so I better make something fuggin delicious :)

Reactions: Mayne