Never mind...

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
They both kinda suck in their own ways.

Netflix: great the first month, then their high-usage throttling starts to kick in so they start taking extra long to check things in and ship them out. Availability problems after the first month too - lots of stuff in long wait status. Much better selection than Blockbuster though. I quit them after 9 months when I could only get about 10 max per month on their 3-out plan and 75% of my list was in a wait status.

Blockbuster: pretty slow turnaround in general for some reason, discs would take a long time to reach me even though they weren't really being mailed from very far away. Don't know if this was BB's fault or the post office, but I highly suspect they were shipping the disks a day or 2 after they actually said they were. I quit after 2 months - 75% of my list was in a wait status and turnaround was just as bad as netflix was. The 2 free in store rentals per month was nice though. Less selection than Netflix too.

So really, I can't say one is any better than the other. I'd say Netflix is better if you are a new user, but after a few months it will degrade to the point that there isn't much difference.