Never mind that Mueller guy - It's time to bomb Syria!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I don't know what you served in, or when, but you sound like a safe space seeking pussy, not like anyone I ever served with. If you were in my platoon, you'd have been blanket partied like private Pyle. Bada bing!
And this attitude and behavior is exactly the kind of bullshit that generates new enemies for us to fight. Good fucking job, Marine.

Reactions: Ns1

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Both "vowed a war"? I don't think so. And in that election Trump spoke of getting out of the Middle East etc. Network news have been replaying some of his campaign speeches.

Syria Draws a Rare Source of Accord in Debate Between Kaine and Pence
Remember, Trump is not a "details" man. He leaves the details to others. He adopted much of the GOP policy.
And any attack in Syria further reinforces the promise Pence made, that there's an accord on Regime change in Syria.
Do not be fooled by moments of random babble from the blithering idiot we call President. Read between the lines.

GOP Neocons say jump on Syria, Trump asks how high.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Mattis is one of the finest Marines to ever walk the planet. I've known him personally, since 1978, when I was stationed at 1st Marine division, Camp Pendleton. He also resided across the river from me, in Richland, Wa. Do not discount this man's intelligence, knowledge, experience, or judgement. He is far superior to the likes of you and I trust him in the position he's in. General Mattis doesn't BS about anything.

Feel free to piss all over Trump, his cabinet, his family, or whatever. That you are free to do. I'll not stand for anyone maligning one of my fellow Marines, who has such a record of honor, integrity, service and competence. The appointment of General Mattis is one of the few things Trump got right.

So then he will provide what she demands?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The chemical attack shouldn't be a big deal at this point in time to Trump. Before, when he reacted to it, that was probably Ivanka pushing him to do something, since it had affected a lot of children. But right now, Assad has been killing people left and right for the last several months, just using more traditional weapons and Trump hasn't given a shit because Fox News hasn't been reporting it and it hasn't involved children.

Personal guess: Either Bolton is taking command of the situation and Trump has to allow him to do so because he's the new head cheese, or the Russians have decided to let Trump intervene in Syria for their own purposes. He also recently established some real sanctions on them, so maybe they're trying to sell the image that they hate each other. Trump might also help pull back the Israelis - who are pretty close to going all out on the Iranians in Syria. Russia wants the Turks to kill Kurds in Syria, so that Turkey continues to move towards the Russian sphere, but otherwise is just as happy to let the Middle East stay as it is with the Iranians in Iran, Assad leading Syria, the Israelis in Israel, etc.

I would assume that it's the Bolton aspect

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
The Russians just released a video with two of the first responders to the chemical attack where they claim that the attack was a normal bombing and the people were being treated for smoke inhalation. The first responders proceed to point themselves out in the video and they claim that the people being treated were actually injured from smoke inhalation but a 3rd party showed up to the scene and somebody screamed "chemical weapons!" and the victims freaked out and everyone started washing each other because they thought it might be chemical weapons. The 3rd party then started filming the people washing each other.

I'm not sure if it's legit but those definitely do look like the two guys in the video released by the rebels. If true, it sounds like this whole thing was a relatively normal airstrike that resulted in casualties which the rebels tried to exploit and claim a chemical attack.

So it wasn't a "false flag", it was a fraud. This also explains why the Russians are inviting OPCW to Douma and are claiming they'll find no chemical weapons.

https://ria.ru/syria/20180413/1518592408.html

Reactions: bydia

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think I'm going to make baby back ribs. That sounds kind of creepy if you think about it.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Very true and one day the U.S. will receive back what its been dishing out in full measure.

According to some it already has begun,

The day before terrorists attacked New York and Washington, a fifth-grader in a Dallas suburb told his teacher World War III would begin the next day, school officials have told the FBI.

The boy was absent from school the day of the attacks, Sept. 11, and the following day, but has been at school since then, said Rhonda Lucich, a director of elementary education for the Garland Independent School District.

Lucich said the boy approached his teacher on the afternoon of Sept. 10 and casually told her:

"Tomorrow, World War III will begin. It will begin in the United States, and the United States will lose."

Lucich said the child's statements were passed along to the FBI. She said she did not know whether the agency had acted on the tip. An FBI spokesman could not be reached for comment.

Lucich said school officials are concerned, but not alarmed.

"It is one of those things I sincerely want to believe was coincidental," Lucich said.

Lucich declined to name the elementary school involved. She said she was told about the boy's comment by his teacher and the school's principal two days after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Nov 25, 2013
Tulsi Gabbard isn't buying Mattis' BS about Syria. I hope she runs in 2020, it would be so amazing to have a candidate who wasn't constantly supportive of any military action for any reason whatsoever.

She's nothing more than a shill for Assad. Guess that's why you like her.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So grow your hair long, wear a peace sign, paint flowers on your V.W. bus, and smoke lots and lots of weed. Just be sure to cry a river, man. Meanwhile, I've fought for our country, even your right to be a stinky hippie. Yes, even you, you milquetoast.

He pretty much reminded you of the decisions and laws made at Nuremburg, and you called him a hippy.

LoL--you are fucking retarded. Respect is earned, it isn't deserved, idiot. I'll thank you for "your service" when it's earned.

How many shitters did you scrub, btw?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't know what you served in, or when, but you sound like a safe space seeking pussy, not like anyone I ever served with. If you were in my platoon, you'd have been blanket partied like private Pyle. Bada bing!

speaking from experience, eh? Must have been rough for you. :(

When did mommy and daddy heroically rescue you from Paris Island, such that decades later, you might grace us with your online sputum?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hey, nutsack, when you were given an order, did you go, oh wait..."I have to go look it up and determine if it was an illegal order?" No you didn't. Stop bullshitting here. Back in my time, if I tried that, my commander would have knocked me on my ass. You know this.

compuwiz probably torched some kids at Mai Lai, and he's still bitter about it--drinking his days away, blaming liberals and single mothers for his misery.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris and Ns1

bydia

Apr 15, 2018
Bullshit. There absolutely is chemical weapons. Seriously, WTF, did you forget about the deal made to let a 3rd party destroy a shit ton of them that Syria had stockpiled to prevent UN/NATO action?
You really think Russia presents an actual problem for us? Our military (that is already there, let alone the forces we could have there in the span of a week; we already have F-22s stationed in the Middle East, they along with our other air craft could make Syria a no-fly zone, which immediately makes Russian and Syrian military sitting ducks for bombing campaign) could easily kick the shit out of Russia's forces in Syria. Russia knows that. Russia's military has been stymied by Georgia and then fucking Ukraine for fuck's sake. They don't even have the level of military capability they have in Ukraine in Syria either. You really think that they could do a fucking thing about us wiping them and the Syrian military out if we wanted to? Russia is not going to threaten nuclear war over that shit either. T

Dear friend, the dermo must first be taken out of your head, not from the Russian military.

Please answer a couple of questions. Not me myself.
The Russian military called Assad, the president of Syria. Who specifically called the name of the US military?
Even if Assad used chemical weapons, but the video on the Internet and I can remove, and start a gossip about what exactly you personally use it. Without irrefutable evidence, is there any right to bomb a sovereign state from anyone?

Well, follow the money .. to whom is it profitable .. me? you? The missiles are so worth the money. And oil too. And what did Assad or Putin have from this application? And what about oil companies' corporations? And arms manufacturers? To whom is this war profitable in general and where are its roots?