NETZERO has to be Friggin kidding

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
there add banners suck as it is now they expect you to pay for usage?? FU NETZERO. What a bunch Of BS here. WshhhhheW im venting

There are some changes in your NetZero service that will most
likely affect you. Our records indicate that over 50% of our
recent Internet connection costs were incurred by a
small percentage of our members.

To ensure that all of our users receive the highest quality
Internet access, we have adopted the following policy. Beginning
January 2000, NetZero users will have completely free Internet access
limited to 40 hours per calendar month. NetZero users who would
like additional unlimited Internet access beyond 40 hours per
calendar month may do so through the NetZero Professional Service
for a fee of $9.95 U.S. ($14.95 CAN). Beginning the first day of
the next calendar month, that user will again have completely free
Internet access for 40 hours. Our records of your NetZero usage
indicate that this new policy will most likely affect you

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
HAHA! DAMN! 40 hours a month!!! And I thought JUNO shafted us!! Wow. Well, I finally found a good unlimited pay ISP here, so I don't worry about it anymore. Sorry to hear the bad new. I know the rage you are feeling. Best of luck finding an alternative.

Ricky
DesignDawg

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
You get what you pay for.

Seriously, you're not ENTITLED to free ANYTHING. If a company can't stay afloat by giving away it's services and then goes bankrupt, you're still azz out, aren't ya?

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
im glad I have juno as well. 10$ a month with unlimited monthly usage ;) I just use netzero for its POP accounts. I bet that company goes under in 3 months. anyone wanna bet?

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
what about there commercial ???? <<the internet is supposed to be free>> i guess the @ssholes have to change it huh? Lol what a company. It would be worth something if there were no add banners and no getting dissconected after 15 minnutes. ShhhhheeShhh

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
i just hope my FreeDSL don't do something like that.. although 9.95 is still acceptable for DSL

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
<<All you will have to do is sign up for multiple acounts.. >>>

yes very true, lol theres always a way.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Yuck I've used almost every FreeISP. Netzero was the last. Being that only the trash was left(netzero, juno, bluelight), I decided I had had enough and just moved on to pay. Now on SegaNet, and it is well worth the cost. Too bad good ol' Worldspy had to go under.

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Grrr!! I used to use them too but now I moved onto a Pay ISP too. Oh well I guess there is no other choice.

iotone

Dec 1, 2000
i saw this thing about American Express is giving net access to cardholders for free... I think I saw it on Got|Apex?

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Are they still going to fight for free net access as an American right like in the comercials?

Maybe that's grounds for false advertising...you always assumed it would be free after seeing the comercials...

shawnmos

Banned
Dec 11, 2000
If you want to know how to get back at them by not viewing their stupid ads PM me. No nags about do you want to stay online and that crap. But I still cannot get past their 2hour connection limit. Oh, well. Just reconnect again.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Wait a second. Will we still have to stare at their stupid banner even if we pay ten bucks for it?
Sick.

shawnmos

Banned
Dec 11, 2000

<< Wait a second. Will we still have to stare at their stupid banner even if we pay ten bucks for it?
Sick.
>>

Nope. PM me!

wviperw

Aug 5, 2000
Yea, It looks like the free ISP companies aren't doing so well anymore. For awhile there I thought that maybe, just maybe, the internet would become completely FREE. But it doesn't look like it anymore. Netzero was the VERY first freeISP and now even THEY are going under.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< It would be worth something if there were no add banners and no getting dissconected after 15 minnutes. >>

Once again, you get what you pay for ;) Don't like it? Sign up for a decent pay ISP. Most areas have at least one sub-$10 offering.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
I use cracked net zero, that's probably why!!! I am online 24/7, pinging every page imaginable that's why they say that a small percentage of people use up there internet costs, but living in fl. I don't think that it's affecting every state, not now anyways...