Networking Support thread for the unemployed: Spring 2014

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lucky no

Results are only viewable after voting.

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
I don't have all specifics but we are looking for an IT Support Engineer.

Entry level position based out of Addison (Dallas area) Texas. Will do some traveling around Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Phoenix. Primarily desktop support for Windows 7 systems, printers, scanners etc.

We are a very small IT group (4 strong currently) and support about 250 users. You'll be learning a lot at a rather quick pace.

PM me for more info if interested.

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000

Entry level position based out of Addison (Dallas area) Texas. Will do some traveling around Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Phoenix. Primarily desktop support for Windows 7 systems, printers, scanners etc.

We are a very small IT group (4 strong currently) and support about 250 users. You'll be learning a lot at a rather quick pace.

If I wasn't already mid career and employed, I'd be all over that. I'd rather fix hardware and OS issues than do project management and analytics.

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
If I wasn't already mid career and employed, I'd be all over that. I'd rather fix hardware and OS issues than do project management and analytics.

It can be enjoyable and satisfying yet has at time been the most frustrating thing I've done. Still the challenge and thrill of solving a unique, complex problem is extremely rewarding.

Feb 4, 2009
I accepted a sales position at PC Connection based in MA & NH. Overall its been a good time at a respectable employer. Anyone in the area that is good selling or learning to sell send me a PM & we'll talk.

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009

I interviewed a candidate last week and my boss is interviewing him Friday then we are doing a team interview. He is likely to take the position so you can consider this one closed.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Currently hiring some software devs in either Philly or Boston. Also looking for someone to do 50/50 software dev and systems administration. PM for details.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
The Amazon Management Team will be in the Greater Chicago area on April 2nd and 3rd for interviews.

They are hiring to fill openings in their Contra-COGS team, responsible for building extremely analytical financial software for their vendors to determine cost and profitability for the millions of products they sell online.

They are looking for senior level software engineers with a strong background and foundation around algorithm design, mathematics, and data structures.

The role is based at their HQ in Seattle, WA. Relocation is required and monetary assistance is provided.

If you would like to be considered for this event - please forward Michael Vo a copy of your resume to micvo -/- at -/- amazon . com

Once you have passed the initial review process, you will hear from Michael regarding the next steps.

Michael Vo, Technical Sourcer
Amazon Retail Systems
micvo -/- at -/- amazon . com

Disclaimer: I am personally not involved with this company. I received an email from Michael asking about my interest and resume and am passing the opportunity on to you.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I'm looking for a salesperson for my small business. You'll be selling real estate photography services and virtual tours. Experience in real estate on the Realtor's side is a HUGE plus.

We are NOT looking for a typical corporate sales person or telemarketer who comes into a large company, gets trained, and runs through a script that&#8217;s provided for them. We need an entrepreneurial, down on the ground salesperson who needs to figure out 95% of his job and work with us to devise out of thin air things like marketing campaigns. They have to be creative and have the experience to sell without any training from us.

You can totally work from home. We are first concentrated on selling in the Bay Area, CA, but will also be selling in Cincinnati and eventually nationally and internationally.

There is no salary. Pay is entirely on commission.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Need two Mechanics in Indianapolis region. I know this is mainly a tech forum but we got car guys too!

Need experienced B level tech proficient in suspension/brakes and basic maintenance. Must know HVAC and must have valid drivers license. Also looking for a oil tech within 30 days.

If someone was willing to relocate if they had the right skills I would offer to lend a hand! Wages depended on experience.
PM me if interested.

www.redlinemotorwerks.com

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
I accepted a sales position at PC Connection based in MA & NH. Overall its been a good time at a respectable employer. Anyone in the area that is good selling or learning to sell send me a PM & we'll talk.

I buy all my stuff from GovConnection at work. Probably a few hundred K a year. I love you guys.

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Currently looking for internship or a job (Tech related would be wonderful)
17 years old
Raleigh NC
If your company has one open, please PM me

Thanks!

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
Champaign County Illinois is hiring a Windows Sys Admin
Join Champaign County's diverse Technology Team as a Systems Administrator. The position requires strong communications skills (written & oral) and comprehensive technical knowledge with an understanding of:

- Computer networks

- Active Directory

- Server virtualization using Microsoft Hyper-V

- Windows Server 2008

- MS SQL Server

- MS Exchange Server

- Various versions of Windows operating systems

- Various versions MS Office applications

The position is responsible for:

- SQL Server maintenance

- Microsoft patch management

- Software deployment

- Ensuring systems integrity including development and implementation of backup and disaster recovery strategies.

Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with listed technologies a requirement.

Salary: $51,148.50 per year/DOQ.(cost of living is pretty low down here)

Submit application & resume by April 5, 2013.

Please click the link below for more information about this vacancy.
http://www.applitrack.com/champaign...rackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1

I have worked with the dept manager and their network admin alot, and they are good smart guys

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I am looking for a Desktop Support/Repair Technician position in New York City.

Working for a local college for several years, and have extensive experience maintaining and troubleshooting computers, projectors, smart-boards, printers, etc, etc. I also provide phone and in-person technical support on daily basis, and used to working in a fast paced environment.
I have a Bachelors Degree in Data Communications and I am A+ Certified. Currently going for a Masters in Information Systems.

(not looking for Field/Driving tech jobs or contract positions. Full time only please)

New York City only please.

SketchMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 23, 2005
Looking for an entry-mid level sysad job in the Colorado area, willing to move if the job is a good opportunity.

Experience in:

-ESXi
-Windows server 2k3/2k8 (and Active Directory)
-Other MS systems
-Unix/Linux
-OSX
-MS SQL
-ColdFusion
-Apache
-Government environments

Please PM me for resume and contact information.

Last edited:

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I learned something huge about the Robo screening process used by all HR Depts now, PM me if you need the info. Do not want to publish it.
I'd be curious what you learned, considering that not all recruiting softwares support automated pre-screening, the ones that do do it in different ways, and not all companies choose to use the feature even when it's on.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Apple hiring around Orlando / Melbourne, Florida:

apple_orlando_jobs.jpg

"As noted by AppleInsider, over the past month Apple has posted listings for eight jobs related primarily to hardware engineering in Orlando, Florida. The listings come as Apple is also hiring at its "Melbourne Design Center" that is apparently part of its acquisition of fingerprint sensor firm AuthenTec, but these new positions located roughly an hour away from Melbourne appear to be part of a separate initiative.

A number of the advertised positions relate to graphics chips and drivers, and it is possible that Apple may be working with AMD, which has an R&D and design facility in Orlando, in some capacity. Alternatively, Apple could be drawing on expertise at Qualcomm, which also has facilities in the area. In one job listing for a summer internship, Apple refers to the location as its "Orlando Design Center".

It appears that Apple has had at least a minor presence in Orlando for some time, but the recent job listings suggest that the company is undertaking a significant expansion of its team there."

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/16/apple-hiring-chip-engineers-for-orlando-design-center/

Last edited:

Firetower

Jul 15, 2003
We're looking:

Req ID 259809BR
Industry Job Title Cmptr Sys Secur Analyst Asc
Standard Job Code/Title E1211:Cmptr Sys Secur Analyst Asc
Required skills Understanding of general IT concepts to include basic computing and knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
The ability to author Security Plans
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Degree in a technical field
Desired skills Knowledge of networking concepts
Knowledge of security concepts
Knowledge of basic script writing
Knowledge of programming languages.

Specific Job Description Perform a supporting role for the Chelmsford, MA Security Operation. Candidate will take daily direction from the Chelmsford Security Manager and the site Information System Security Manager to help ensure the site remains compliant with government and corporate security requirements. Candidate will be responsible for assisting in implementing the site computer security program. Additional responsibilities include developing, implementing, and maintaining computer security plans as well as documenting, and presenting the IS security education program to ensure facility compliance with requirements for IS security. Candidate will implement configuration settings on computing assets and perform security audits as required. Candidate will apply information from other security disciplines as needed to ensure all classified computing assets are properly accredited. Will interface with numerous internal functional areas, such as engineering and program management, on a daily basis.
Standard Job Description Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products. Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for application design. Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research. May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.

Typical Minimums Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
"Compensation varies substantially by skill and industry. Staffers focused on enterprise application integration earn a median $110,000, those in general IT earn $73,000 and those on the help desk earn $55,000. A few staff specialties such as cloud computing ($130,000), Web security ($118,000) and mobile ($111,000) pay even higher, though our survey sample sizes are small for those areas. Staffers with the IT architect title make a median $130,000."

"IT hiring appears to be on the rise, even though we aren't seeing enough demand to drive pay spikes. IT accounted for 13% of the 88,000 net new jobs in the U.S. economy in March, according to a Foote Partners analysis of Bureau of Labor Statistics data. Monthly IT job growth in 2013 is 53% ahead of the pace last year, Foote finds.

A warning for managers: Even though salaries are growing slowly, don't kid yourself into thinking that your "great place to work" office environment will be enough to keep your most talented people if you're not staying competitive on pay. In our survey, staffers cite base pay as a bigger priority than any other, and it's a close third for managers. More than two-thirds of IT pros cite higher pay as the reason for seeking a new job, and nothing else is cited by even half."

2013 IT Salary Survey: http://www.informationweek.com/glob...lary-survey-2013-11-career-insights/240152665

2013 ATOT Promotion and Pay Raise Thread: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2305863

Unemployment Rate by Level of Education Attained: http://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea05.htm

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited: