networking in win2K

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Moltnrok, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Moltnrok

Moltnrok Member

I've recently set up a network at home with Roadrunner internet. I had been running win98 and everything was working just fine, until recently I added win 2k to my computer and all of a sudden I'm having a bit of a dilema. I can log onto my roommates computer no problems. He cannnot log onto mine. It keeps asking for a password, and I haven't set a password, so I don't know what it is. I've got limited knowledge of 2K so far, but am learning pretty quickly. He cannot login when I boot to 98 either. I've tried setting up different users with different permissions, and still no luck.

Can anyone help solve this dilema?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - networking win2K Forum Date
    Strange behavior in Win2K when disabling network connections. Networking Jun 30, 2008
    Connect Win2K box to two networks? Networking Jan 11, 2008
    Printer sharing Wired+Wireless network with Win2K and XP Networking Dec 22, 2007
    How do I set up a network with XP and Win2k Computers? Networking Jan 23, 2006
    Wireless Network Card Problem on Win2k Networking Sep 29, 2005

3. JungleJoe

JungleJoe Member

You either enable the "Guest" account in Win2K to let your roommate in. Or you setup an user account that your roommate uses to access your machine.

4. bex0rs

bex0rs Golden Member

On the Win98 client, you need to go into the network properties, and make sure that you are using "Client for Microsoft Networks." After you reboot the computer, you'll be prompted for a network user / password. This user / password will need to be set up on the Win2k computer so that the 98 computer can access it.

~bex0rs