Network connected display -- Do I need a computer interface to access my NAS?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I have two TCL 43" 4K Roku TVs set up. One has HDMI connection to a computer. Both are connected to rooftop antennas and connected to my network. I can obviously display photos and whatever on the computer connected display, it's just serving as the computer's monitor. I'm wondering if I can display photos on my NAS on the other display (which is not set up as a monitor). It is connected through my router's 2.4ghz band to my network.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, there's this:

Place the media files onto a USB drive on your computer, plug it into the USB port on your Roku, and launch the Roku Media Player channel. You can find this channel in the store on your Roku, or add it from your web browser here. Select the conncted USB device, select a media file, and play it.

I was hoping it would be easier, say, install an app. It's kind of a hassle to connect a flash drive to the display. For one thing, there's already a flash drive connected, it's purpose to support the 90 minute time shifting of OTA TV. Plus just to get at the USB port is not easy. I guess I'll give it a try if I can't find something better.