Netflix throttling me

DaveCSparty

May 14, 2000
I'm on the 3 out at a time plan and usually return movies on Monday and get them on Wednesday. I'll watch them over the weekend from Thursday to Sunday and repeat.

After a month on the service though, I would return a movie on Monday and I will not get my new movies until Saturday :confused:

So much for unlimited rentals

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
Hmm, I've had the service not much longer than that, and no problems yet. Usually get the movies withing like 2 days of me returning one, which is pretty impressive. But it willbe interesting to see if the quality of service declines.

DaveCSparty

May 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Lumathix
Hmm, I've had the service not much longer than that, and no problems yet. Usually get the movies withing like 2 days of me returning one, which is pretty impressive. But it willbe interesting to see if the quality of service declines.

Yeah mine used to be like that.... I miss those days :(

I searched on Google though and it appears that they are throttling customers if your average price per dvd drops below 2 dollars.

For me since I do around 3 a week equals 12 per month. 17.99/12 = 1.50 per dvd.

Jul 12, 2001
maybe its your mailman tired of you having so much mail and has figured out that the faster he delivers them, the more he has to carry

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I'm thinking about trying the Blockbuster thing. My bro does Netflicks, it's pretty nice, but being able to go to Blockbuster and get 2 free rentals is nice if you feel like watching a movie and don't want to wait. Anyone try it yet?