Netflix shipping

sciencewhiz

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
On the netflix shipping envelopes, the address says "Nearest Netflix Shipping Facility" followed by the address of the closest facility. Does it really get shipped to the closest facility from where it is mailed, or does it always go to the address?

For example, I'll be traveling to Indiana (from Los Angeles). If I mail one from Indiana, will it go to the closest facitly there (and probably arrive in a day). Or will it take 3 days to get back to Los Angeles (In which case I'm better off mailing it back once I get home).

Anyone have any experience with this?

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
I mailed some back from Pennsylvania after receiving them in Dallas Texas. Netflix credited my account with the returns in 1 or 2 days, can't remember. I do remember it was so fast that it didn't phase me to contemplate whether it was a bad move on my part.

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
It really depends. If you're in a larger town with a large post office, the Netflix envelopes will all get bundled together and go to the nearest Netflix distro.

If you're in a small town where they don't get many, they will go to the address on the envelope.

If you have a problem with them going to distant places, send discs back two to an envelope to the closest one so you can save some envelopes to the close distro.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: keeleysam
It really depends. If you're in a larger town with a large post office, the Netflix envelopes will all get bundled together and go to the nearest Netflix distro.

If you're in a small town where they don't get many, they will go to the address on the envelope.

If you have a problem with them going to distant places, send discs back two to an envelope to the closest one so you can save some envelopes to the close distro.

as far as I know, mail always ALWAYS goes to the written address, regardless of what the "name" line says. Therefore if the address is Kansas City, it will go to Kansas City even if you are in California.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
They get handled separately, at least in a DC the size of Richmond (where these were taken). Sorry for the pic quality, camera phone + I probably wasn't supposed to be taking pictures...

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/ViperGTS/netflix1.jpg
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/ViperGTS/netflix2.jpg
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/ViperGTS/netflix3.jpg

Viper GTS

You must work at a post office and see how many dvds each day are sent out. I bet its a lot more than anyone imagines.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: pcslookout

You must work at a post office and see how many dvds each day are sent out. I bet its a lot more than anyone imagines.

I spent a few months basically living in a post office during a large equipment installation.

And yes, those barely scratch the surface. There was ALWAYS racks & carts of nothing but Netflix.

Viper GTS