Netanyahu warns USA: do not 'ever second guess me again'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
They should but it doesn't give them a free pass to do what ever they like. This seems to be what most are missing, but it's not surprising considering how many people "think"

Do they have a free pass to do whatever they like? Nobody's position is that they have a free pass to do anything.

The two sides are at war.

Did the U.S. have a free pass to fire-bomb Tokyo during WWII? Did the U.S. have a free pass to drop a nuclear bomb killing countless innocent civilians? Did the U.S. have a free pass to drop a second nuclear bomb?

War is ugly and some times it throws people into making difficult decisions with the goals of self-preservation and ending future violence.

The bigger question really is, which side will respect the other side's desire for peace when that other side genuinely stops fighting? When Japan stopped fighting the war, the U.S. stopped fighting Japan. Will Israel stop fighting when the Palestinians stop fighting, or will they continue? Will the Palestinians stop fighting when the Israelis stop, or will they continue fighting?

Last edited:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yawn Bibi being Bibi He's the McCain of Israel
I dont know about all that now.

Will the Palestinians stop fighting when the Israelis stop, or will they continue fighting?
The palestinians will one day have an advantage in numbers so they wont need to stop fighting. Just because the Ashkenazim are 3x as numerous in israel, 7 inches taller, and 30 IQ points smarter than the Palestinians, doesnt mean that will always be the case. In other words... I am very saddened that 250 years from now there will be 2 million (at most) members of the world pop identifiable as Ashkenazi (just like nearly no one outside of the netherlands identifies as dutch and just like barely anyone at all identifies as anglo-irish) while the arab population will probably be 4x what it is today and about 8 IQ points smarter.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Situation is fubar but Israel being vastly overwhelming in size and power has a greater responsibility not to act like bullying assholes as they do. If you want to be called The Chosen people maybe you should stop being pricks to your fellow man.

Israel has no such responsibility. They have a responsibility to secure their borders, their people, and their territory. They have shown time and again what they have had to put up with for neighbors and they have sent them packing every time. The Palestinians refuse to act like grown ups and everybody in the ME knows it, they just like using them as a foil against Israel because it's a convenient proxy to actually trying to go up against somebody they know they can't beat. Why do you think Jordan kicked the Palestinians out of their country/citizenship and why Egypt doesn't want them coming/going?

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
So if you aren't anti-Jew, you're anti-Israel? So you're against them being able to have their own country?

they can have their country i dont care. hell id visit if it wasnt so unstable now. i have a condo in tel aviv im trying to sell.
why not declare borders and stop stealing the land?

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I get that you hate Jews, I get that you want the Palestinians to kill them all. Those are your opinions and you're entitled to them. But I don't get the never ending barrage of insane propaganda. All you've convinced me of is that you really really hate jews, that you believe anything you read that suggests they're evil, and that you're not completely in control of yourself.

On a somewhat related topic, are you the guy that used to claim he was in special forces and used some blurry pic of a tattoo as proof? Then got outed as nothing more than a walt?

No, that was JohnOfSheffield who did that and was permabanned.

SandEagle though is another special kind of troll, who was banned for months here for quite a long stretch, but for some reason allowed back. Maybe he'd like to shed some light on that, but anyone who manages to get themselves banned on a regular basis, or for months at a time, likely has the intelligence of a gerbil.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
they can have their country i dont care. hell id visit if it wasnt so unstable now. i have a condo in tel aviv im trying to sell.

Yeah, sure, you have a condo in tel aviv and I own the Brooklyn, Varazzano, and George Washington bridges.

Unstable? ROFL.

You hate jews, everybody knows it.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Yes - because the current administration has lacked any success in dealing with terrorists,... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

Israel is basically saying; shut your mouth, keep handing over the $3 billion check and veto UN resolutions when we say so. Not much of an ally, are they? Especially since they have murdered Americans in the past; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident and now open hostility from their PM.

A few days ago, another Israeli government official told the US to fuck off as well: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/07/29/israeli-official-to-obama-leave-us-alone/

Also, I find it disturbing how there is a general dislike for law enforcement on these forums - which is sparked by heavy handed tactics, yet Israel's heavy handed tactics are praised and any criticism towards them is immediately met with hostility.

Tone down the hypocrisy; it is showing your crazy.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007

SandEagle though is another special kind of troll, who was banned for months here for quite a long stretch, but for some reason allowed back. Maybe he'd like to shed some light on that, but anyone who manages to get themselves banned on a regular basis, or for months at a time, likely has the intelligence of a gerbil.

oh dang JohnOfShitsfield got banned? lol i would have paid money to see that.
btw i wasnt banned thank you very much. i was working 2 contracts at 15 hours a day at a place that had no external internet access. enjoy my time here as i will be starting up a new contract here in a few weeks. i will try to contibute as much as i can though dont worry

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
I can understand why Netanyahu is pissed. Obama and Kerry pushed him into the ceasefire and an hour and half later he's got two dead soldiers and one possibly taken prisoner. This only raises the stakes further and means that the operation will likely continue beyond what it would have had the ceasefire not happened.

The strangest part of this story is that there really was no reason for the US to be pushing for a ceasefire at the moment. Normally the US tries to placate Arab allies by leaning on Israel but the Egyptians and the Saudis are perfectly content with Israel beating up on Hamas.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
rofl. you might at best have a jail cell in Tel Aviv....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
but the Egyptians and the Saudis are perfectly content with Israel beating up on Hamas
That is very perplexing unless Egypt is also tired of the tunnel crap...yet Egypt recently lost I think 15 soldiers to an attack through those tunnels.....

Very perplexing puzzle!!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

JohnOfSheffield -- That said, Palestine will exist when they understand that Israel exists, it's that blatantly simple!

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
That is very perplexing unless Egypt is also tired of the tunnel crap...yet Egypt recently lost I think 15 soldiers to an attack through those tunnels.....

Very perplexing puzzle!!

The perplexing part isn't that the Arabs are tacitly supporting Israel's operation, we all know why are after the reversal of the Arab spring. The question is why the US is pushing so hard for a ceasefire when the Arabs aren't.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The perplexing part isn't that the Arabs are tacitly supporting Israel's operation, we all know why are after the reversal of the Arab spring. The question is why the US is pushing so hard for a ceasefire when the Arabs aren't.

At this point the Arabs are better allies to Israel.

US is acting like a hippie who'd value the life of a suicide bomber standing beside them.

Oct 30, 2004
I get that you hate Jews, I get that you want the Palestinians to kill them all. Those are your opinions and you're entitled to them. But I don't get the never ending barrage of insane propaganda.

Here's what's going on. SandEagle, Abwx, Newell Steamer, and the other Palestinian/Islamic sympathizers are probably American Muslims and they feel butthurt that they are on the wrong side of this. They feel badly that the Muslim religion constantly reveals itself to be the most backwards religion in world history (Taliban not allowing girls to go to school, ISIS threatening to kill Christians who won't convert or pay a tax, the 9/11 attacks, etc.).

It has to be pretty tough to be an American Muslim. It's like being ethnically German or Japanese and having feelings of German and Japanese patriotism during WWII.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Here's what's going on. SandEagle, Abwx, and the other Palestinian/Islamic sympathizers are probably American Muslims and they feel butthurt that they are on the wrong side of this. They feel badly that the Muslim religion constantly reveals itself to be the most backwards religion in world history (Taliban not allowing girls to go to school, ISIS threatening to kill Christians who won't convert or pay a tax, the 9/11 attacks, etc.).

It has to be pretty tough to be an American Muslim. It's like being ethnically German or Japanese and having feelings of German and Japanese patriotism during WWII.

Pretty much this, phrased differently by Dennis Miller.

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/08/02/dennis-miller-knocks-it-out-of-the-park-on-israel-as-usual/

Oct 30, 2004
Israel doesn't have any right to be pissed. They should never have undertaken this operation to begin with, so they don't have a leg to stand on.

Are you saying that if a neighboring country fires thousands of missiles at your civilian population and constructs kidnap/murder tunnels that the proper response is to do nothing?

If Mexico declared war against the United States, announced that its plan was to exterminate every American, and launched 250,000 missiles at American cities (number crudely adjusted for proportion), and constructed tunnels under the border for the purpose of kidnapping and murdering American citizens...would you say the proper response was to do nothing?

Oct 30, 2004
Situation is fubar but Israel being vastly overwhelming in size and power has a greater responsibility not to act like bullying assholes as they do. If you want to be called The Chosen people maybe you should stop being pricks to your fellow man.

So how would you respond to attacks against your civilian populace? Would you have sent Hamas flowers and chocolates?

Oct 30, 2004
while the arab population will probably be 4x what it is today and about 8 IQ points smarter.

4x larger in population I can believe. But 8 IQ points higher? Seriously? We're talking about an ethnicity and religion where girls who go to school are attacked as religious/state policy.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
At this point the Arabs are better allies to Israel.

US is acting like a hippie who'd value the life of a suicide bomber standing beside them.
Which goes back to another point I made in another thread that without US support Israel would be just fine due to other countries that support Israel under the table but openly condemn Israel....now that is an interesting subject...

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Hey Skippy, Hippies are the reason Israel is still around.

no not really but it makes as much sense as what your shit pit blabber.