Netanyahu Is Right Out

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The question is (and I think I know the answer), is his replacement going to be better or worse?

Hard to say. The new government is a coalition that ranges from far left to far right, with the main party being a "centrist party." We'll see.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Title reframed from a Monty Python sketch, non the less, another Trump supporter bites the dust:

Erdogan next?

Grats to Israel if true.

Erdogan? He's not going anywhere unfortunately. He's not done alienating Turkey from the rest of NATO yet.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yes, every day there is a new story saying it. I think it's actually going to happen in days. Will revisit if/when it occurs. He really needs to just GTFO.
Hard to say. The new government is a coalition that ranges from far left to far right, with the main party being a "centrist party." We'll see.
I've been hoping he'd be out for a few years now. But ABC news tonight said his likely successor is extremely right wing and against a Palestinian state, so this might actually wind up terrible. Ugh!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've been hoping he'd be out for a few years now. But ABC news tonight said his likely successor is extremely right wing and against a Palestinian state, so this might actually wind up terrible. Ugh!

The catch is that this new guy needs the support of the other parties, and my understanding is that he'd be out in two years to make room for other leaders. He could do some damage, but it might be limited.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yes, every day there is a new story saying it. I think it's actually going to happen in days. Will revisit if/when it occurs. He really needs to just GTFO.
I feel a Generalissimo Franco death watch starting.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The catch is that this new guy needs the support of the other parties, and my understanding is that he'd be out in two years to make room for other leaders. He could do some damage, but it might be limited.
From my understanding is the deal is the centrist guy gets it for the first two years and the ultra right guy gets it for the following two.

The thing is the odds of this coalition sticking together for four years is basically zero so it's unlikely the super right wing guy ever actually gets power.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
Well shit, I guess Israelis are anti-Semites as well!?! At least I've been told that if I have an issue with the current Israeli government and its actions then I must be an anti-Semite.
Yes they are. But that being said, we don't know what the next government will bring. I've heard rumors that one of the guys are worse than Nutandyahoo when it comes to Palestinian Civil rights.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
They've been fighting ever since I can remember. Ever since my dad can remember, and my dad is 91. So regardless of whom takes over or whom is in charge, I'd put my money on the same-o same-o. These guys fight like cats and dogs, it's been that way since day one. My concern is, what happens when both the cats and dogs have nukes?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
They've been fighting ever since I can remember. Ever since my dad can remember, and my dad is 91. So regardless of whom takes over or whom is in charge, I'd put my money on the same-o same-o. These guys fight like cats and dogs, it's been that way since day one. My concern is, what happens when both the cats and dogs have nukes?
Well, Israel has had nukes for a real long time, IIRC, and they are very concerned about Iran developing them. Having nukes isn't the concern that the threat of actually using them is, as we know from the cold war.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Yes they are. But that being said, we don't know what the next government will bring. I've heard rumors that one of the guys are worse than Nutandyahoo when it comes to Palestinian Civil rights.

Yeah, but overall the government is a broad coalition and it's unlikely that a lone dissenter (or even a few) will get their way on anything really.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002

Bibi's tryiing to use a page from Trump's playbook

As far as I can tell he’s not claiming any electoral process fraud, he’s saying the broken promise about who the leader of this coalition would and wouldn’t work with is tantamount to fraud.

I’m sure bibi never broke a promise...