Netanyahoo is out

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The Israeli Donald Trump. Narcissistic, power-hungry, and corrupt.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
When even a lot of the Israeli far right is just tired of your bullshit that they'll form a coalition with the Arab party.

Amazing.

Mar 11, 2004

Nah. Netanyahu actually served in the military and has been in politics for a very long time. And Bibi could successfully build a wall and help enable harm towards the "others" that Turmp wanted.

Bibi is what Turmp wanted to be. Turmp's a clownbaby in comparison. We should be thankful we got Turmp and not Bibi.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Hey, I am definitely no fan of the guy, but he doesn't deserve that. Trump avoided service in the military like it was a tax, isn't shy of saying what little he thinks of the intellects of those who were KIA, wounded, or taken prisoner. Getting shot at? Not this coward.

For all of his faults, Bibi is at least not a coward. He enlisted, saw plenty of action, sustained many wounds. I disagree with his policies so far as a non Israeli may, but I can still respect a man willing to put himself between the threat and his community. Trump is soft as shit, Netanyahu was Sayeret Metkal for 5 years. Basically shock commandos who did a lot of raiding. They are top tier SF currently, considered some of the best dealing with situations involving hostages.

Cadet Bonespurs sees a community as something to extract wealth and votes from. He disgraced our military multiple times while staining the White House. Doesn't give a shit about the people 'dumb enough to serve' beyond using them as patriotic window dressing for his political ambitions.

But as far as being power hungry and corrupt? Absolutely.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueWeasel

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Nah. Netanyahu actually served in the military and has been in politics for a very long time. And Bibi could successfully build a wall and help enable harm towards the "others" that Turmp wanted.

Bibi is what Turmp wanted to be. Turmp's a clownbaby in comparison. We should be thankful we got Turmp and not Bibi.
I mean everyone apart from the insane have to be part of the military in Israel.
It's probably tempered by the fact that you have body armour, tanks, automatic weapons and airstrikes and your opponent has stones and home made missiles.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Hey, I am definitely no fan of the guy, but he doesn't deserve that. Trump avoided service in the military like it was a tax, isn't shy of saying what little he thinks of the intellects of those who were KIA, wounded, or taken prisoner. Getting shot at? Not this coward.

For all of his faults, Bibi is at least not a coward. He enlisted, saw plenty of action, sustained many wounds. I disagree with his policies so far as a non Israeli may, but I can still respect a man willing to put himself between the threat and his community.

Cadet Bonespurs sees a community as something to extract wealth and votes from. He disgraced our military multiple times while staining the White House. Doesn't give a shit about the people 'dumb enough to serve' beyond using them as patriotic window dressing for his political ambitions.

But as far as being power hungry and corrupt? Absolutely.
Trump's a narcissistic idiot who has no idea of the world outside of what affects him.
Netanyahu is an evil fucker who literally wants a proportion of his population dead because he doesn't like them.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
I mean everyone apart from the insane have to be part of the military in Israel.
It's probably tempered by the fact that you have body armour, tanks, automatic weapons and airstrikes and your opponent has stones and home made missiles.
Netanyahu actually returned from the US to Israel to serve, became an officer and served for 5 years (3 years are mandatory) in an elite unit in the army.

Having said that, it's about time that he got replaced. It should've happened two years ago, as numerically there was a majority to replace him. In reality, though, the new coalition still needed him to make a series of political blunders in the last year and a half to form, and even then it was just barely enough to replace him (the vote ended 60/59 + 1 abstain, although 2 non-coalition Arab members voted against the new government only after a majority was guaranteed).

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Netanyahu actually returned from the US to Israel to serve, became an officer and served for 5 years (3 years are mandatory) in an elite unit in the army.
I'm not sure how that changes what I wrote.

He was born in Jerusalem. He's Israeli. All Israelis apart from the insane radical religious side have to do military service.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
I'm not sure how that changes what I wrote.

He was born in Jerusalem. He's Israeli. All Israelis apart from the insane radical religious side have to do military service.

Most Israeli's don't go to elite units or become officers. His military service was quite respectable by Israeli standards. Sure, he wasn't a general or anything like that, he surely wasn't a unique one-of-a-kind prodigy, and he usually makes a much bigger deal of himself than he really - but his service wasn't a some cookie-cutter service. I'm definitely not a fan of Netanyahu, but his military service was much more than a regular mandatory service. I'm pretty sure that his service was just a stepping stone for him on his way to a political career, and it wasn't done for altruistic reasons, but it was still meaningful.

All Israelis apart from the insane radical religious side have to do military service.
Note that this is not really true these days (I believe that the percentages are higher today than 14 years ago). Even so, Netanyahu was probably eligible for an exemption as he was living in the United States at the time.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Remember a few weeks ago when we were told we had to accept military attacks on Palestinian civilians or else Bibi would be in power forever?

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Replacement seems even worse, didn't think it was possible, but they have a deep bench there, apparently.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As far as I can tell the purpose of this coalition is to prosecute Netanyahu and bar him from future office. So hey, good for them, when a criminal runs their country they clean up after it. I hope the US does the same.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 17, 2019
Ayh'll be back!

Thing is over there, they can do things we can't do to get rid of ours. He can fall down some stairs ( a bunch of times), or have a medical episode, or accident or ..... maybe stumble out of a helicopter at a thousand feet......