Nero and Vista

Pwnbroker

Feb 9, 2007
I bought a Liteon dvd super-multi drive for my new pc, running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. It came with Nero 7 Essentials, but it won't load on Vista. Nero's website claims that Nero 7 is Vista compatible, but obviously not Vista 64 bit compatible. Is there a comparable software suite that I can use without having to spend an arm and a leg for it?

Nero has an upgrade option for the OEM versions to their ultimate enhanced version 7 suite, but I have to have the license key and to obtain that, I have to be able to install the software. I sure don't want to have to pay 100 bucks for their product.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Pwnbroker
I bought a Liteon dvd super-multi drive for my new pc, running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. It came with Nero 7 Essentials, but it won't load on Vista. Nero's website claims that Nero 7 is Vista compatible, but obviously not Vista 64 bit compatible. Is there a comparable software suite that I can use without having to spend an arm and a leg for it?

Nero has an upgrade option for the OEM versions to their ultimate enhanced version 7 suite, but I have to have the license key and to obtain that, I have to be able to install the software. I sure don't want to have to pay 100 bucks for their product.

It's compatible with Vista x64 depending on what version of Nero 7 you have,I have latest Nero 7 installed on my Vista x64 which is working fine with no problems.