Neocons Mail Warning to Voters Liberals Will Ban Bible & Legalize Men Marrying Men Update:New Mailings in Arkansas 10-1

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: SickBeast
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
I never said that homosexuals contribute nothing to society.

It influences my daily life because I'm paying out of pocket to support an institution (gay marriage) that contributes nothing to society.

People like you make me sick. You are completely bigoted and give religion a bad name. Any Christian knows that Jesus's main messages were to "love one another" and to "love thy neighbour". Your main message seems to be to spread hate and discriminate against others who are born a certain way.

You're not paying out of pocket for anything when it comes to gay people. If a gay couple gets benefits for just the two of them and a family of four is also getting benefits, the gay couple is costing your precious benefits fund less.

People like this shows the true vileness of Neocon rule. I'm glad folks like this post here because it helps others gather the strength to put a Tin Foil Hat on and begin to resist the Brainwashing waves of the Neocons.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Gay female couples can have their own children and gay men can father them outside and bring them into their family too. They can also adopt. What tells you that marriage doesn't command a special position in society because of love rather than children. Committing before God to another seems to me to be the salient feature of marriage, not children. Couples file taxes under married status whether or not they have children.
What would be neat is if a gay male couple and a gay female couple got together and made two babies (through sex or other means) and then each couple just kept one. Or is this already being done? You could even have a website (Or maybe I should start a website. that matches male couples with their corresponding female genetic matches...you know, so the kid comes out looking like the same-sex parents

Anyhow, back to the topic...the RNC (or whoever) wouldn't send those out if it these weren't important issues among WV voters. Maybe the people that you guys are really mad at should be Red America...

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

It influences my daily life because I'm paying out of pocket to support an institution (gay marriage) that contributes nothing to society.

People like you make me sick. You are completely bigoted and give religion a bad name. Any Christian knows that Jesus's main messages were to "love one another" and to "love thy neighbour". Your main message seems to be to spread hate and discriminate against others who are born a certain way.

You're not paying out of pocket for anything when it comes to gay people. If a gay couple gets benefits for just the two of them and a family of four is also getting benefits, the gay couple is costing your precious benefits fund less.

People like this shows the true vileness of Neocon rule. I'm glad folks like this post here because it helps others gather the strength to put a Tin Foil Hat on and begin to resist the Brainwashing waves of the Neocons.

You sound paranoid, Dave. Maybe, the doc should prescribe you some meds for this condition.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech

You sound paranoid, Dave. Maybe, the doc should prescribe you some meds for this condition.

Get R Done

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
What we are seeing in America is the conservative and religious (mostly Christian) right struggling to hold on to their own values and what they have known their whole lives. They see this new America that is coming and they are deathly afraid of it, and many have valid reasons. Face it, our country is headed towards the crapper anyways and there isn't much you or I can do about it. Gay marriage is not going to go away, sooner or later they will win this battle, it is inevitable. And there is absolutely NO way abortion will be outlawed so quit trying, it's just a losing battle.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
...working to take God out of the pledge of allegiance
This is the part that just burns me. A) The pledge of allegiance didn't originally have the word "God" in it. Tying this argument into the fear mongering is just assinine, though I assume many will make their decision in part because they like having the word "God" in there.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Gay people are here to stay. Like it or not, it is a fact of life. They should be allowed to have the same benifits as married couples. It's just that simple. Enough with the bible thumping, just use your own common sense.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Gay people are here to stay. Like it or not, it is a fact of life. They should be allowed to have the same benifits as married couples. It's just that simple. Enough with the bible thumping, just use your own common sense.

Well Today was the Vote to ban same sex marriage in the Louisiana.

The new Law goes as far as negating any Civil same sex married couples that have been living in the State. They would not be allowed any benefits whatsoever including not even being allowed to attend the funeral of their dead partner.

The polls close at 8 pm CST.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Dave, I just voted in LA to ban gay marriage as well as elect Judge Jeff.

Did I cancel you out or did you not have time to register?

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

This post proves that you're bigoted against my stance. At no point in this discussion have I used anything close to a religious-based argument. Quite the contrary - I have argued that the reason heterosexual marriage is accorded a special status in our society is because they have the ability to produce new taxpayers. This is the contribution of heterosexual married couples. Homosexual married couples CANNOT contribute this. I see you bolded one phrase out of my post to take it out of context - that's not the way to wage a reasoned argument. Right now, I'm not paying anything to the gay couple, and they're not giving anything to me. The family of four is giving our nation a future and an increase in tax revenues.
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Gay female couples can have their own children and gay men can father them outside and bring them into their family too. They can also adopt. What tells you that marriage doesn't command a special position in society because of love rather than children. Committing before God to another seems to me to be the salient feature of marriage, not children. Couples file taxes under married status whether or not they have children.
A single person can adopt, as could two gay or straight people living together who are not married. You still have yet to refute my standing that the reason we give benefits and status to married couples is due to the possibility that they could have children within their relationship. If you can show me a single case of two females conceiving together, then I might support your views.
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
You made no arguments to support your case. You assert your opinion as fact. :roll:
Well Today was the Vote to ban same sex marriage in the Louisiana.

The new Law goes as far as negating any Civil same sex married couples that have been living in the State. They would not be allowed any benefits whatsoever including not even being allowed to attend the funeral of their dead partner.

The polls close at 8 pm CST.
You're such a bleeding heart. I could go attend a gay man's funeral without being married to him. Give me a break. :roll:

cquark

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2004
I have argued that the reason heterosexual marriage is accorded a special status in our society is because they have the ability to produce new taxpayers. This is the contribution of heterosexual married couples. Homosexual married couples CANNOT contribute this.

Of course they can. Having children is a matter of gender, not sexual orientation. Lesbian couples can and do have children. The limitation on population growth is the number of women of child-bearing age and interest; the only limitation men impose is that you need at least one in your entire population.

It's also obvious that our marriage laws aren't based solely or even primarily on the ability to produce children, or there would be laws against infertile people marrying and an absence of laws against polygamy. There's always been more to marriage than children.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: cquark
I have argued that the reason heterosexual marriage is accorded a special status in our society is because they have the ability to produce new taxpayers. This is the contribution of heterosexual married couples. Homosexual married couples CANNOT contribute this.

Of course they can. Having children is a matter of gender, not sexual orientation. Lesbian couples can and do have children. The limitation on population growth is the number of women of child-bearing age and interest; the only limitation men impose is that you need at least one in your entire population.

It's also obvious that our marriage laws aren't based solely or even primarily on the ability to produce children, or there would be laws against infertile people marrying and an absence of laws against polygamy. There's always been more to marriage than children.
OK, give me proof of ONE homosexual couple that has conceived WITHIN their relationship. You can't - and this is what I'm arguing. The homosexual couple cannot contribute future taxpayers to society, so society has no burden to give them special status or benefits in accordance with heterosexual marriage.

Here's what I'm talking about:
1. Sperm from A
2. Egg from B
3. By any means necessary, combine them to produce a child
Both A and B must be in the relationship for this couple to be producing for society. Else, the couple itself is not contributing to society and therefore deserves no special status or benefits.

Oh, and before someone else yells out about what a bigot I am, you'll note that I'm stating clearly that the COUPLE is not contributing to society. This in no way infers that they are not contributing as individuals.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Interesting argument cyclo, never seen that brought up before. But I think by not producing they are doing society a favor, the last thing we need is more kids running around.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Right now, I'm not paying anything to the gay couple, and they're not giving anything to me.

That's twice you've contradicted yourself now, CycloWizard. You can say that this is not the way to wage a reasoned arguement, but this would not be neccessary if you would get your facts straight and/or stop telling lies. I'm not sure if it's simply that you don't remember what you have typed or if you're trying to mislead us.

You didn't answer any of my questions either. Do you propose negating marriage benefits for couples who do not or cannot have children? If they ever divorce, all past benefits could be paid back to the government if they did not procreate.

If you answer "no" to that, then I will continue to view you as a hypocrite.

Question #2: How much do you "pay out of pocket" (if anything) towards the institution of gay marriage or to gay people at this very moment?

The homosexual couple cannot contribute future taxpayers to society, so society has no burden to give them special status or benefits in accordance with heterosexual marriage.

Adoption (by anyone) relieves a tax burden by taking children out of the government-funded child welfare systems and putting them into taxpayer's homes.

And last time I checked, I actually pay a tax penalty for being married.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
The only option that I can see as being fair in accordance with what CycloWizard has been saying is to implement a "baby bonus" for each child that is living with a couple. Make marriage universal and the same for everyone, gay and straight, and eliminate all the benefits that go along with it.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Gravity

It doesn't matter

587,725 79% FOR

160,002 21% AGAINST

There will be so many ramifications of this it's not funny:

Companies with Gay employees will be forced to leave the State

It will hurt the beloved Tourism Louisiana lives on so much especially in the city of New Orleans.

and on and on.

But most importantly it clearly shows another step the U.S. has taken in it's quest for being the most Discriminatory and Hypocritical A$$es in the world.

The Dark Ages has descended on the U.S. and only a full scale Revolution against the tyrannical rule to have a chance of survival.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003

It doesn't matter

587,725 79% FOR

160,002 21% AGAINST

It will hurt the beloved Tourism Louisiana lives on so much especially in the city of New Orleans.

and on and on.

But most importantly it clearly shows another step the U.S. has taken in it's quest for being the most Discriminatory and Hypocritical A$$es in the world.

The Dark Ages has descended on the U.S. and only a full scale Revolution against the tyrannical rule to have a chance of survival.

companies with gay employees will just hire hetero people to fill in the spots the gay couples held

and do tell me how it affects tourism.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
That's twice you've contradicted yourself now, CycloWizard. You can say that this is not the way to wage a reasoned arguement, but this would not be neccessary if you would get your facts straight and/or stop telling lies. I'm not sure if it's simply that you don't remember what you have typed or if you're trying to mislead us.

You didn't answer any of my questions either. Do you propose negating marriage benefits for couples who do not or cannot have children? If they ever divorce, all past benefits could be paid back to the government if they did not procreate.

If you answer "no" to that, then I will continue to view you as a hypocrite.

Question #2: How much do you "pay out of pocket" (if anything) towards the institution of gay marriage or to gay people at this very moment?
You specifically removed the sentence in my post that refutes exactly what you're claiming. WTF? Are you being intentionally belligerent or just plain not reading my posts?
Oh, and before someone else yells out about what a bigot I am, you'll note that I'm stating clearly that the COUPLE is not contributing to society. This in no way infers that they are not contributing as individuals.
I don't pay anything out of pocket for gay marriage at the moment - it's still a hypothetical notion, so no one pays out for it.

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: cquark

OK, give me proof of ONE homosexual couple that has conceived WITHIN their relationship. You can't - and this is what I'm arguing. The homosexual couple cannot contribute future taxpayers to society, so society has no burden to give them special status or benefits in accordance with heterosexual marriage.

Here's what I'm talking about:
1. Sperm from A
2. Egg from B
3. By any means necessary, combine them to produce a child
Both A and B must be in the relationship for this couple to be producing for society. Else, the couple itself is not contributing to society and therefore deserves no special status or benefits.

What about heterosexual couples who don't have kids? Since they aren't being productive to society should we just throw them into the oven? Also, did you just completely forget adoption?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

It doesn't matter

587,725 79% FOR

160,002 21% AGAINST

and on and on.

I don't know about you, but if I were a single male, I'd be out chasing some serious female tail ... rather than worrying about the gay rights for the state that you reside in.

Just my .02. ;)

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: wkabel23
What about heterosexual couples who don't have kids? Since they aren't being productive to society should we just throw them into the oven? Also, did you just completely forget adoption?
Sigh. Apparently, making one unequivocal statement about my position just isn't sufficient, as you try to bring up issues that are irrelevant in the face of the statement. Here it is again.

Heterosexual marriage is accorded a special status in our society is because they have the ability to produce new taxpayers within their relationship, using natural or artificial means of conception.