Neocons Mail Warning to Voters Liberals Will Ban Bible & Legalize Men Marrying Men Update:New Mailings in Arkansas 10-1

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
It influences my daily life because I'm paying out of pocket to support an institution (gay marriage) that contributes nothing to society. Heterosexual married couples CAN give something back to society - additional tax payers. The second you find a homosexual couple that conceives within their marriage is the moment I'll change my mind.

So you would support marriage under the requirement that married couples bear children?

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
I have a cookie for the first person who can post a link to the actual flier.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum
It influences my daily life because I'm paying out of pocket to support an institution (gay marriage) that contributes nothing to society. Heterosexual married couples CAN give something back to society - additional tax payers. The second you find a homosexual couple that conceives within their marriage is the moment I'll change my mind.

So you would support marriage under the requirement that married couples bear children?
No, I support marriage under the possibility that couples could bear children.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

But you're still subsidizing the couples who choose not to bear children, or who are unable to have children.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Neocons Mail Warning to Voters That Liberals Will Ban Bible and Legalize Men Marrying Men 9-17-2004

is that a verbaitim quote?

exactly as it appears, word for word, or is your wording a little mindless self indulgence?

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: JustAnAverageGuy

So you believe sterile\unfertile couples should not be able to wed?
Even a 'sterile/infertile' couple can conceive using artifical conception means using only the germ cells from the two partners.

Buz2b

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2001
(the wife's going to kill me for this) :laugh:

Ok, so IF "Neocons" mailed out a BS warning, then the world is coming to an end?? I suppose it is just like how the world came to an end when Gore supporters ran the ad that said that "... more Black Churches will be burned" if Bush got elected (BTW, for those that are counting, this has NOT happened).
If you are uneducated enough to NOT know that it is (if true) the fringe members of EITHER PARTY that do things like this, I feel sorry for you. Although I have very staunch conservative leanings, I also realize that, especially towards the end of the election season, BOTH PARTIES tend to put out some pretty stupid stuff.
But then again, I'm smart enough to realize it when it happens. Are you???

Oh BTW, I've got some documents that steadfastly state John Kerry personally slit the throats of 20 North Vietnamese prisoners of war. Uhhh, wait a minute. I don't actually have the TRUE, real documents. I do have some nice forgeries though and even though they are not real, I STAND BY MY STORY!!! By his own testimony this kind of stuff took place, so it must be true!! You see, the crux of the story is true in my opinion, never mind the stupidly forged documents though; they aren't relevant to this "true" story. The important part is that I truely BELIEVE that this was the case during that time.
(For those of you not intellegant enought to realize, this was not a "real" accusation or charge against Mr. Kerry, I now explain that this was merely a slap back into the face of those that believe that Journalism should be practiced in the way that Dan Rather and CBS are currently doing so. It is truely a joke and the longer the libs defend them, the more of their "base" is going to be leaving them. Actually, I suppose I should be thanking them for this crapola.)

lordtyranus

Banned
Aug 23, 2004
"How does it affect you in your own personal life if two guys somewhere run out and get married?"
How does it affect you if a guy marries 2 women?

If you support polygamy, I can see why you can support gay marraige. But 1 and not the other is silly.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: lordtyranus
"How does it affect you in your own personal life if two guys somewhere run out and get married?"

If you support polygamy, I can see why you can support gay marraige. But 1 and nother the other is silly.

What's silly is your logic. Two people marrying is not three. Society can legally deny three people marriage because they feel like it. They can't ban two gays because they allow two straights and the ban is thus discriminatory based on gender. The law can be arbitrary as long as it doesn't discriminate. You can, for example, impose a curfew, but you can't restrict it only to men. No?

lordtyranus

Banned
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: lordtyranus

If you support polygamy, I can see why you can support gay marraige. But 1 and nother the other is silly.

What's silly is your logic. Two people marrying is not three. Society can legally deny three people marriage because they feel like it. They can't ban two gays because they allow two straights and the ban is thus discriminatory based on gender. The law can be arbitrary as long as it doesn't discriminate. You can, for example, impose a curfew, but you can't restrict it only to men. No?

What's silly is your logic. A man and a woman marrying is not two men. Society can leagally deny two men marraige because they feel like it. They can't ban three people from marrying because they allow two people and the ban is thus discrimatory based on number. The law can be arbitrary as long as it doesn't discriminate. You can, for example, allow 2 people to have sex, but you can't restrict it to only 2. No?

On a more serious note, what exactly is wrong with polygamy? I think gay ppl are screwed in the head and need mental help. Do you think anyone who wants to fvck 2 chicks needs mental help? A lot of guys dream about that, you know.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: JustAnAverageGuy

So you believe sterile\unfertile couples should not be able to wed?
Even a 'sterile/infertile' couple can conceive using artifical conception means using only the germ cells from the two partners.

Your argument is spiraling downward out of control, and I honestly can't believe you don't see your own hypocracy.

To say that homosexuals contribute nothing to society is akin to saying that people who never get married are worthless. What about Jerry Seinfeld; has he contributed nothing? Rosie O'donnel? You see, gay people *can* adopt, essentially eliminating a burden on society that was created by a straight couple.

Under your logic, every straight couple which gets divorced before having any children should have to pay back any monetary benefits that they received as a result of being married. Do you support this?

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: SickBeast
Your argument is spiraling downward out of control, and I honestly can't believe you don't see your own hypocracy.

To say that homosexuals contribute nothing to society is akin to saying that people who never get married are worthless. What about Jerry Seinfeld; has he contributed nothing? Rosie O'donnel? You see, gay people *can* adopt, essentially eliminating a burden on society that was created by a straight couple.

Under your logic, every straight couple which gets divorced before having any children should have to pay back any monetary benefits that they received as a result of being married. Do you support this?
Your argument is spiraling downward out of control, and I honestly can't believe you don't see your own strawman.

I never said that homosexuals contribute nothing to society. I said that homosexual couples, by definition, cannot provide society with future taxpayers. The possibility doesn't exist. Heterosexual marriage is given special status and benefits of marriage to encourage that. Whether or not it is borne out is not a necessary condition, as it may or may not be, and it may or may not be within their control. Why is this so hard? Or is just devastating for you to consider that this is the real reason that marriage is given status in our country?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
It's the only way the right can maintain thier power. The far right doesn?t talk about its policies because no one would dig em'. After all almost everything you enjoy was brought about by 70 years of democratic leadership which is sorta being eroded by the rights slim majority the last 20, but thier too scared of the backlash for what they really want to do. Instead to win, they focus on things like ?values? and ?culture?, convincing average voters that progressives are ?alien? in their politics.

They wised up and figured out that their social darwinian political agenda couldn't win. So they changed it, at least in public, an focus on "values", "patriotism" and "tradition".

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo
It's the only way the right can maintain thier power. The far right doesn?t talk about its policies because no one would dig em'. After all almost everything you enjoy was brought about by 70 years of democratic leadership which is sorta being eroded by the rights slim majority the last 20, but thier too scared of the backlash for what they really want to do. Instead to win, they focus on things like ?values? and ?culture?, convincing average voters that progressives are ?alien? in their politics.
At no point in this post did you ever approach a contribution to the topic at hand. I award you zero points for your rhetoric, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo
At no point in this post did you ever approach a contribution to the topic at hand. I award you zero points for your rhetoric, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Really? Think harder.
And re-read the OP..you seem to have gotten side tracked not me.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
I never said that homosexuals contribute nothing to society.

It influences my daily life because I'm paying out of pocket to support an institution (gay marriage) that contributes nothing to society.

People like you make me sick. You are completely bigoted and give religion a bad name. Any Christian knows that Jesus's main messages were to "love one another" and to "love thy neighbour". Your main message seems to be to spread hate and discriminate against others who are born a certain way.

You're not paying out of pocket for anything when it comes to gay people. If a gay couple gets benefits for just the two of them and a family of four is also getting benefits, the gay couple is costing your precious benefits fund less.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Your argument is spiraling downward out of control, and I honestly can't believe you don't see your own strawman.

I never said that homosexuals contribute nothing to society. I said that homosexual couples, by definition, cannot provide society with future taxpayers. The possibility doesn't exist. Heterosexual marriage is given special status and benefits of marriage to encourage that. Whether or not it is borne out is not a necessary condition, as it may or may not be, and it may or may not be within their control. Why is this so hard? Or is just devastating for you to consider that this is the real reason that marriage is given status in our country?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Would'nt it be great if people could comprimise. Outlaw abortion for the continued tax base these children represent and allow gays to marry and adopt so these same children would live and have two parents. See all our problems solved.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Gay female couples can have their own children and gay men can father them outside and bring them into their family too. They can also adopt. What tells you that marriage doesn't command a special position in society because of love rather than children. Committing before God to another seems to me to be the salient feature of marriage, not children. Couples file taxes under married status whether or not they have children.

May 10, 2001
Outlaw abortion for the continued tax base these children represent and allow gays to marry and adopt so these same children would live and have two parents. See all our problems solved.
as a Christian conservative, i can speak for jerry fall well and everyone further to the right when i say:
deal.

Now bring the bill to, at the same time, end abortion and create homosexual marriage.

oh, what, you presented a false dichotomy? oh.. never thought i'd see one of those ?round these parts.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMagnusKain
Outlaw abortion for the continued tax base these children represent and allow gays to marry and adopt so these same children would live and have two parents. See all our problems solved.
as a Christian conservative, i can speak for jerry fall well and everyone further to the right when i say:
deal.

Now bring the bill to, at the same time, end abortion and create homosexual marriage.

oh, what, you presented a false dichotomy? oh.. never thought i'd see one of those ?round these parts.

I'd support that in a heartbeat.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
You trying to use big words on me? All I'm saying you give to get, each side, and fix a problem of unwanted children and continued population replenishment without using immigration.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: LordMagnusKain
deal.

I'd support that in a heartbeat.

:thumbsup:

It's not going to happen though. People in our society tend to be too selfish, and do not consider life to be precious. Besides, would the far right relgious folks *ever* concede to allow gay marriage?