Neocons Mail Warning to Voters Liberals Will Ban Bible & Legalize Men Marrying Men Update:New Mailings in Arkansas 10-1

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lordtyranus

Banned
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Gravity
Dave, I just voted in LA to ban gay marriage as well as elect Judge Jeff.

Did I cancel you out or did you not have time to register?

It doesn't matter

587,725 79% FOR

160,002 21% AGAINST

There will be so many ramifications of this it's not funny:

Companies with Gay employees will be forced to leave the State

It will hurt the beloved Tourism Louisiana lives on so much especially in the city of New Orleans.

and on and on.

But most importantly it clearly shows another step the U.S. has taken in it's quest for being the most Discriminatory and Hypocritical A$$es in the world.

The Dark Ages has descended on the U.S. and only a full scale Revolution against the tyrannical rule to have a chance of survival.

Haha. Gay mofos got pwned.

cquark

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2004
OK, give me proof of ONE homosexual couple that has conceived WITHIN their relationship. You can't - and this is what I'm arguing.

Give me proof of one man having a child. You can't. As I said, your rate of population growth is limited by the women, not the men, and if that's your overreaching goal as you claim it is, we're not following the right policies at all by allowing infertile couples to marry, discouraging teenage women who are in their prime childbearing years from marrying, etc.

One more time: marriage is not solely or even primarily about reproduction. We had reproduction before there was such an idea as marriage.

cquark

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2004
Originally posted by: toothykal
And last time I checked, I actually pay a tax penalty for being married.

Does your spouse make about the same amount of money as you? Then probably yes.

However, if your spouse makes considerably more or less than you, then no, you're a beneficiary of the marriage bonus.

The marriage bonus is billions of dollars greater than the marriage penalty, so overall the right to file jointly is a tax benefit to married couples.

cquark

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2004
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
Heterosexual marriage is accorded a special status in our society is because they have the ability to produce new taxpayers within their relationship, using natural or artificial means of conception.

I'm glad you've finally justified same sex marriage since they can use artificial means of conception.

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: lordtyranus
Originally posted by: Gravity
Dave, I just voted in LA to ban gay marriage as well as elect Judge Jeff.

Did I cancel you out or did you not have time to register?

It doesn't matter

587,725 79% FOR

160,002 21% AGAINST

There will be so many ramifications of this it's not funny:

Companies with Gay employees will be forced to leave the State

It will hurt the beloved Tourism Louisiana lives on so much especially in the city of New Orleans.

and on and on.

But most importantly it clearly shows another step the U.S. has taken in it's quest for being the most Discriminatory and Hypocritical A$$es in the world.

The Dark Ages has descended on the U.S. and only a full scale Revolution against the tyrannical rule to have a chance of survival.

Haha. Gay mofos got pwned.

I know a lot of "gay mofos" that would kick your arse to here and back if you said that to them to their face.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Well, we certainly have a lot more going for us at this time in the area of:

- Intelligence

Quite possibly the dumbest president we've ever had, complete with a record to show it, and you're extolling the intelligence of the right? Now that's funny.

Put down the crackpipe! Comparing a blowjob to the security and dignity of our nation going down the drain, as well as the deaths of 1000 US soldiers; you need help.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Old....but does anyone have a pic of this? It looks like something I could use as a desktop for a while...

[Edit] ...as a supporter of the separation of church and state and gay marriage

Gunnar

Jan 3, 2000

CycloWizard,

You have yet to answer the question as to what happens to couples where the woman is infertile. I've had an aunt that needed to have her ovaries removed. Damn shame too, they desperately wanted children, I feel really sorry for them, but you're saying that since they cannot have children, they shouldn't be entitled to marriage benefits?

And if you say they can conceive using a surrogate mother, then how different is that from gay men providing sperm to a surrogate mother, or a gay woman taking sperm from a bank?

On a more morbid note, what happens to families with children who are killed/die (like so many of our own in this unneeded Iraq war)? Many of these children don't get to pay too much as taxpayers....

Finally, you may say these are rare cases, but gay marriage is definitely a minority, probably no more than infertile couples (not to mention women with a c-section that have only one child actually LOSES a taxpayer).

All in all, I guarantee whatever benefits you are seeing in breeding taxpayers are easily brushed aside in the fact that this disorganized government has racked up BILLIONS in going to war. And by Bush's logic, I can only see more war in the future with North Korea and Iran (which, by the way, pose a far greater threat than Iraq and Saddam Hussein EVER did, oil money anyone?).

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Confirmed...

On Thursday a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, confirmed the party did send the letters.

"When the Massachusetts Supreme Court sanctioned same-sex marriage and people in other states realized they could be compelled to recognize those laws, same-sex marriage became an issue,'' Iverson told the Times. "These same activist judges also want to remove the words 'under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance."

"The RNC spokesperson said that gay people basically brought this upon themselves by pushing for marriage equality," Marble said. "And they're trying these fear tactics in states that Democrats can win."

"The Republicans are acting like children," Marble continued. "You only own up to what you've been caught with. I wouldn't be surprised if they had done this in other states," he said. "They finally admitted it after a week and they did it without remorse. It's tantamount to saying they would be happy to do it again."

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: b0mbrman
Confirmed...

On Thursday a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, confirmed the party did send the letters.

"When the Massachusetts Supreme Court sanctioned same-sex marriage and people in other states realized they could be compelled to recognize those laws, same-sex marriage became an issue,'' Iverson told the Times. "These same activist judges also want to remove the words 'under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance."

"The RNC spokesperson said that gay people basically brought this upon themselves by pushing for marriage equality," Marble said. "And they're trying these fear tactics in states that Democrats can win."

"The Republicans are acting like children," Marble continued. "You only own up to what you've been caught with. I wouldn't be surprised if they had done this in other states," he said. "They finally admitted it after a week and they did it without remorse. It's tantamount to saying they would be happy to do it again."

This is messed up if you support this kinda trash you have problems......The republicans really have the propaganda machine churning..... much like 1930's Germany.....

Don't forget that Branson, Missouri is what the world would look like if the Nazi's won the war.....and I think we all know who loves Branson, Missouri......

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: klah
Bump for a pic of the flyer: http://www.steveclemons.com/GOPMailer.htm

I heard this on the radio this morning.

The same Mailer the Republicans sent out in West Virginia they just mailed to Arkansas.

Here is the Text:

The Bible Banned -- Men Marrying Men Allowed

This will be Arkansas if you do not vote Republican

Our Traditional Values are under assault by Liberal Politicans and their hand-picked Activist Judges.

They are using the Courts to get around the Constitution and impose their radical Agenda.

The Liberal Agenda includes:

Removing "Under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance

Allowing Teenagers to get Abortions without Parental Consent

Overturning the Ban on the Hideous procedure known as Partial Birth Abortion.

Allowing Same-Sex Marriages

Liberals want to impose theor values on Arkansas