[Nelson_Muntz]Ha, Ha![/Nelson_Muntz] Punk'd!

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Your movie, that is!
:evil:

Form the crackheads at http://us.imdb.com:

Kutcher Clams Up
Actor Ashton Kutcher is so upset by poor reviews of his new movie The Butterfly Effect, he has reportedly canceled all interviews to promote it. The film and its star were panned after being screened at the Sundance Festival recently - Variety magazine said it "grows more ridiculous by the quarter-hour" and The Boston Globe said it was "hooted off the screen at Sundance". And Ashton, who was reportedly axed from a new movie by director Cameron Crowe because of poor acting, isn't happy. A source tells gossip site The Scoop, "He's feeling pretty beat up right now. He doesn't want to talk to a lot of reporters and he's canceling interviews - doing some that are guaranteed to be friendly, but steering pretty clear of anyone who he thinks is going to take another swipe at him." A spokeswoman for movie distributors New Line confirmed to The Scoop some interviews were canceled, but insists it has nothing to do with the film's reception: "We've cut down because he's doing so much we didn't have time to do everything," she says, adding "we're thrilled with him and the film's reception."

Liar.

Everybody now, "aaaaaawwwwwwwww."
:p

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
thats really a shame.
one of the greatest young actors being set up by the hateful and jealous media.
:disgust:

Unkempt1

Dec 30, 2003
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Perhaps his 15 minutes will be coming to a screeching halt in the very near future. :D

We can hope, can't we...

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
I feel so terrible for him. Its really rough getting all that money for his outstanding acting skills.

Does he really think he's the next Owen Wilson?

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: gistech1978
thats really a shame.
one of the greatest young actors being set up by the hateful and jealous media.
:disgust:

I hope to God you're being sarcastic because he has to be one of THE worst actors to make it big in a really long time.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
I hate to admit it, but I like his character in that 70's show. The rest of his stuff sucks big time. Though he's still w/ Demi, right? So at least he has aa mother figure to comfort him when he realizes he's not too good at the acting.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I can't really comment on his acting ability because I haven't seen That 70's Show. If the movie is sinking because of poor acting, I don't see how he can hide from that. On the same token, how did he get the part in the first place if it's really that bad ?

<-- thinking jealousy of his fame had something to do with it.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
No wonder Kutcher didn't want to talk about The Butterfly Effect. He kept avoiding talking about the movie.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: ClueLis
Originally posted by: Kenazo
I hate to admit it, but I like his character in that 70's show.

He didn't have to act to play an idiot.

so that's it. Oh well. he's making millions, and I'm sure not. So I do respect that.

fw3308

Dec 12, 2003
I am glad it is bombing! He is a poor excuse for an actor. His 15 minutes are winding down. Maybe he should not have cancelled punk'd after all.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: Sid59
that's too bad ... at least he still has Demi and a chock load of cash.

as long as she doesnt convince him he can sing, play the harmonica and open a chain of hollywood themed restaurants, then i guess he can go ahead and make all the dumbass movies he wants.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: fw3308
I am glad it is bombing! He is a poor excuse for an actor. His 15 minutes are winding down. Maybe he should not have cancelled punk'd after all.

I don't think it's really cancelled. I think they did that to throw celebs off-guard when they do their next season. I presume their thinking is this concept is getting predictable so if celebs think the show is cancelled when confronted with some ultra crazy scenario it must be real and they aren't being Punk'd by Ashton. Actually not a bad tactic but we'll see if it really was cancelled and if he can stretch his fame any longer before the show becomes irrelevant to the viewing audience even if they do resurrect it.