Neil Patrick Harris & the Super Bowl

Nov 30, 2006
This thread...a manufactured problem or legitimate concern?

If you answer "legitimate concern", you're an idiot.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
This thread...a manufactured problem or legitimate concern?

If you answer "legitimate concern", you're an idiot.

This thread mocks a "news" story on a wingnut website. It is neither a manufactured problem nor a legitimate concern.

Of course, when the subject of the OP is something you'd rather not talk about it is typical to attack the making of a thread about it in the first place, so your tacit approval of the concern raised in the WND article is acknowledged.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I enjoy, greatly, mocking the idiocy present in the Christian right-wing... and if you have a problem with me doing so... too bad. You're more than welcome to kiss my ass.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
CBS wants to declare war on religion? What would be their dog in that fight?

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Why even do it to begin with?

Let Tebow mock a gay man and see the hell-storm break loose.

You all are stupid hypocrites....

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
I don't support that, either.

You've easily become the biggest double-tongued posters on this forum, displaying your sheer vitriol toward the "right-wing's" hatred of gays, but then spew your own right-wing hating proproganda.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
You've easily become the biggest double-tongued posters on this forum, displaying your sheer vitriol toward the "right-wing's" hatred of gays, but then spew your own right-wing hating proproganda.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

26934402.jpg

I mock the right-wing when they cling to outdated and wrong Puritanical beliefs, I don't hate them.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
So CBS uses one of their big stars in a Super Bowl ad and references something that Tebow (who is not in the playoffs and never even started one game this year) does and that is a subject for possible outrage?

I fail to see mocking of Christians here. Neil Patrick Harris is a famous actor that happens to be gay.

If the OP is mocking idiots, then I see no issue. If he is mocking Christian idiots, then he has already cast the first stone and should not be surprised if stones come his way as well. I am all for mocking idiots. Christian, gay, who cares, stupidity should be exposed and laughed at.

Michael

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
So CBS uses one of their big stars in a Super Bowl ad and references something that Tebow (who is not in the playoffs and never even started one game this year) does and that is a subject for possible outrage?

I fail to see mocking of Christians here. Neil Patrick Harris is a famous actor that happens to be gay.

If the OP is mocking idiots, then I see no issue. If he is mocking Christian idiots, then he has already cast the first stone and should not be surprised if stones come his way as well. I am all for mocking idiots. Christian, gay, who cares, stupidity should be exposed and laughed at.

Michael

I'm not surprised. I welcome it, actually.

Nov 30, 2006
This thread mocks a "news" story on a wingnut website. It is neither a manufactured problem nor a legitimate concern.

Of course, when the subject of the OP is something you'd rather not talk about it is typical to attack the making of a thread about it in the first place, so your tacit approval of the concern raised in the WND article is acknowledged.
So...my comment actually leads you to believe that I'm giving tacit approval of the concern raised in the WND article? Wow. Rational thought does not appear to be your strong suit.

However, let me be absolutely clear...I'm mocking you, your bigotry and your incredibly stupid thread.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
So...my comment actually leads you to believe that I'm giving tacit approval of the concern raised in the WND article? Wow.

Yes, because you didn't disapprove of it and devoted your first reply to something else entirely.

Rational thought does not appear to be your strong suit.

To the blind observer, perhaps.

However, let me be absolutely clear...I'm mocking you, your bigotry and your incredibly stupid thread.

It is not bigotry to say there is idiocy present in the Christian right-wing. Your approval of either me or this thread is neither desired nor required.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
The poll at the end of the article is telling of the viewership.

Is CBS mocking Tim Tebow and/or Christians in its Superbowl ads?
50% (430 votes) are for "Yes, and every effort should be made to boycott CBS and its advertisers."

Would they have been so outraged if they picked a heterosexual actor from their lineup?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I am all for mocking idiots. Christian, gay, who cares, stupidity should be exposed and laughed at.

That's true. There's all kinds of idiocy among homosexuals. Obsession with skinny jeans being one example.

Jan 25, 2011
Man here I was looking forward to watching a bunch of strong, strapping young men in tight pants chase after each other, wresting one another to the ground and slapping each others asses to celebrate and CBS had to go and gay the whole thing up.

Bastards.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the ass. Your experience with gay people is one person.

Your dismissal of it speaks volumes.

For the sake of the gay community, I hope none of them are anything like you, and I am dead honest.

Your bigotry is astounding.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Your dismissal of it speaks volumes.

Tempest in a teapot, to be sure.

For the sake of the gay community, I hope none of them are anything like you, and I am dead honest.

For the sake of humanity, I hope no one else is anything like you... and I'm dead honest.

Your bigotry is astounding.

It is not bigoted to say there is idiocy in the Christian right-wing. There is. There's also violent Islamic people, morbidly obese southerners, flamingly feminine homosexual men, intellectually-challenged pot smokers, incredibly dumb blondes, and perpetually-drunk Irishmen.

Last edited:

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
Tempest in a teapot, to be sure.

For the sake of humanity, I hope no one else is anything like you... and I'm dead honest.

It is not bigoted to say there is idiocy in the Christian right-wing. There is. There's also violent Islamic people, morbidly obese southerners, flamingly feminine homosexual men, intellectually-challenged pot smokers, incredibly dumb blondes, and perpetually-drunk Irishmen.

It's not that the things you list above don't exist, rather to focus on them can be perceived as bigoted.

If you want to make fun of bigots by being a bigot, that's your choice.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
It's not that the things you list above don't exist, rather to focus on them can be perceived as bigoted.

Of course it can wrongly be perceived that way... happens all the time on this forum. Doesn't make it bigoted, though.

If you want to make fun of bigots by being a bigot, that's your choice.

I haven't chosen to do that yet.