Neil Armstrong Attacked By Supremacists

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So you dont find it wrong what those guys said about Neil Armstrong?

Incorruptible destroyer of Strawmen!

wizard%20scarecrow%20fire.JPG.jpeg

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I never said all Muslims were bad though, But its not Hindus or Jews or Bhuddists or Christians that are doing this. Its always islam which believes its superior and everyone else should die. Does this not bother you?

I wonder why Muslims mostly kill other Muslims then?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Quite a few actually and many of them are disgusted by the radical islamists and criticize them all the time, they must be racists and self-hating.

I also know of some who are extremist and they worry me

So the once that are "disgusted by the radical islamists and criticize them all the time" are equally responsible for this bullshit about Neil Armstrong?

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
I never said all Muslims were bad though, But its not Hindus or Jews or Bhuddists or Christians that are doing this. Its always islam which believes its superior and everyone else should die. Does this not bother you?

You don't know any Southern Baptists do you? All those religions you mentioned engender a sense of superiority that puts people on track for other harmful things.

Also, when you start worrying what all of the silly religious nuts are telling each other you put yourself at their mercy. That's always a mistake.

Apr 27, 2012
The man is dead and shouldn't be disrespected like this, Its disgusting how people refuse to condemn the islamists for this. Complete double standards

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Don't worry. As we speak I'm sure the Mormons are stealing him from the Muslims.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I am getting increasingly grumpy and the list of groups I find annoying is growing with each passing year.

I have no patience for people who believe in any supernatural anything... ghosts, psychics, the zodiac, Jesus, Allah, Gaia whatever the fuck I don't care. It's all stupid, and none of it true.

I'm sick of conservatives and liberals, I'm starting to hate both. I always hated conservatives, now I'm beginning to hate liberals too. I'm sick of their denial of things like:

- the threat Islam and rampant immigration do in fact pose to western civilization and our traditional values

and when I say traditional values I'm not talking about Jeebus and guns and apple pie.

I'm talking about the scientific method, equality for women, respect for intellectual endeavor and higher learning. Reverence for the ideas of the founding fathers, if not the men themselves... who were of course flawed.

What I retain great respect for are:

- science
- education
- rationalism
- logic
- the arts
- western culture, and sensibilities
- personal freedom including abortion, drugs, gun ownership (none of which do I personally do or ever plan to do)

Anyone who seems poised to defend these things and maintain their legacy, and not let them be trampled under the foot of rampant political correctness, and a new kind of immigrant who has no interest in melting in the pot or assimilating... but instead threaten to drag this nation and others like it down ever deeper into barbarism, ignorance, superstition, abuse of women, abuse of gays, etc etc... will get my support.

Unfortunately I don't think there is anyone who is prepared to do anything sufficiently dramatic to reverse these trends.

I think there was a lot of merit, which we lost sight of, to the way this country and others thought back in the era when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon.

There was a belief in ourselves, a pride in our culture and our heritage which we have lost sight of. We allowed ourselves to start hating what we were, and questioning everything about what we'd once held dear. I was as much a part of that mindset as anyone could be. I'm done thinking like that, and I now see how much worth those earlier mindsets had. I hope others will too.

Key here is hate, entirely your problem.
You attach too much emotion to the stuff you read.

Your like a cop, spend all your time with criminals and think it reflects society as a whole.

You have to distinguish what you read from the reality of the real world as reality isn't reflective of the news cycle.

You are a lemming allowing entertainment news to dictate your perceptions of the world around you.

The hate is strong in you and brought on by the shit you read online. How pathetic.

Apr 27, 2012
So the once that are "disgusted by the radical islamists and criticize them all the time" are equally responsible for this bullshit about Neil Armstrong?

No they aren't but according to your logic there racists because anyone that criticizes islam is a racist

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Incorruptible

So, if the Mormons baptize him we'll see a post with your outrage over that?

I must be awful to live in a world furnished and populated with nothing but FUD.

Apr 27, 2012
Incorruptible

So, if the Mormons baptize him we'll see a post with your outrage over that?

I must be awful to live in a world furnished and populated with nothing but FUD.

Absolutely but its much different because islamists believe there superior and slandered the man. It is truly insulting for him to have to suffer this

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Don't worry. As we speak I'm sure the Mormons are stealing him from the Muslims.

Good point. Maybe we should send the Mormons over to Pakistan to baptize a few Muslim graves. It'll work out swell, we swear.

Absolutely but its much different because islamists believe there superior and slandered the man. It is truly insulting for him to have to suffer this

How can he be suffering through it if he's dead?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Stretch-Armstrong.jpg

Stretch Armstrong, not related to Neil Armstrong or Lance Armstrong...

and it's quite funny as Incorruptible uses Mr. Neil Armstrong as a propaganda tool much the same as those he decries...

\infinity loop?

Apr 27, 2012
Good point. Maybe we should send the Mormons over to Pakistan to baptize a few Muslim graves. It'll work out swell, we swear.

Thats a good idea

How can he be suffering through it if he's dead?

His reputation is damaged because of these claims and what about his family who has to suffer this shameful action

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
His reputation is damaged because of these claims and what about his family who has to suffer this shameful action

Lots of celebrities and their families have to put up with inane rantings, bold-faced lies and the like. Are you implying that Armstrong's family members are not emotionally mature enough to ignore these things? We already know you're not emotionally mature enough.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
That's right, NASA faked the moon landings SIX times, 3 hours the first time , 3 days the last time and somehow no one including the enemies of the USA, namely the Soviet Union couldn't see it and they even fooled the hundreds of Amatuer radio operators who where picking up the signals from the moon at the time.

and here I thought trying to sell the Brooklyn Bridge to some rich sucker was hard.:rolleyes:

All the folks who believe we faked the moon landings have an open invitation to go view the laser they bounce off the mirrors placed on the moon during the Apolo missions.

They have yet to have anyone accept the offer.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004

I JUST corrected you! "There" does not work for everything! There is "there," "their," and "they're." Did you go to elementary school? Why post on a forum in broken english? This is not rocket science.

Apr 27, 2012
I JUST corrected you! "There" does not work for everything! There is "there," "their," and "they're." Did you go to elementary school? Why post on a forum in broken english? This is not rocket science.

This is the internet where Conservatives are supposedly all evil and radical muslims are the good guys, grammar doesn't matter to me anymore when I have to deal with nonsense like this

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Incorruptible

"grammar doesn't matter to me anymore"

One in a list of things, like rational thinking. (Although I doubt grammar was something you excelled in anyway.)

Apr 27, 2012
Incorruptible

"grammar doesn't matter to me anymore"

One in a list of things, like rational thinking. (Although I doubt grammar was something you excelled in anyway.)

The article clearly shows Neil Armstrong being desecrated by these guys, why is there no outrage, If this happened to a Muslim then all you guys would be complaining

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
The article clearly shows Neil Armstrong being desecrated by these guys, why is there no outrage, If this happened to a Muslim then all you guys would be complaining

You seem to think that anyone beyond people like yourself give a shit what this group says about Neil Armstrong.
That Jihadwatch site is full of crazy people and I feel dumber for having even looked at what you posted. What a load of shit.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Good. These people need keep there mouths shut, I am tired of all this crap that comes out

Why do you have a problem with only certain people speaking freely. Why are you a hypocrite and hate America? Why don't you follow you own advice home grown terrorist and shut the fuck up? You and teahadists like you are a bigger threat to this country than any group crawling the earth .

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Incorruptible

des·e·crate
   [des-i-kreyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), des·e·crat·ed, des·e·crat·ing.
to divest of sacred or hallowed character or office.
to divert from a sacred to a profane use or purpose.
to treat with sacrilege; profane.

Wrong word.

Beyond that, they took nothing from the man in the eyes of those who held him in esteem.

You are surely more offended of reports that he found the WRONG religion on the moon. I'm sure you would have celebrated over claims that he found an image of Jesus in a moon rock.