• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Neighbor's Kid playing loud music

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Kind of curious what the general consensus is on this.. maybe I'm overreacting..

I live in an average 'middle-class' neighborhood. However, I think my neighbors must've pulled together two families income and bought a home. No big deal... except their son plays the stereo in his truck every single f-ing day... it goes on from about 5pm until 7pm when his parents come home. It's enough to vibrate the dishes in the kitchen..

About once a week I go ask him to turn it down.. every time he says "first time I play in a long time".. even though it's completely not true.. although he does turn it down when I ask.

However, this has gone on for months...

What's the next step? Call the cops? It seems like something pretty minor to be bother the police over, but it's driving me nuts!

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
"I think my neighbors must've pulled together two families income and bought a home."

What? Are you implying only poorer people do this?

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: michaels
"I think my neighbors must've pulled together two families income and bought a home."

What? Are you implying only poorer people do this?
I have no idea how you jumped to assumption I meant they were poor - but no. I meant that a lot of people seem to live in the house.

erwin1978

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2001
The only mature thing to do is blast your own music. You like Yani I hear.

In all seriousness, that's disrupting the peace. In NY you'd get a hefty fine if you ride around with the music loud. Especially, driving around senior centers, you could go to prison for LIFE! I'm exagerating a bit.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Originally posted by: erwin1978

In all seriousness, that's disrupting the peace. In NY you'd get a hefty fine if you ride around with the music loud. Especially, driving around senior centers, you could go to prison for LIFE! I'm exagerating a bit.
Yea, blast your own music! Get some huge speakers and line them up facing their house.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: erwin1978

It's the same way here... but he's not driving around. Most of the time he's in his driveway, some days (like today) he's in the garage.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Eh most stereos arent loud enough unless you have the people who have their own bands out of their garage..

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: OdiN
There is only one solution.

EMP
:laugh::thumbsup:

Seriously, though, just blast your music louder with a stronger (home) system. He'll get the idea.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: AznAnarchy99
Eh most stereos arent loud enough unless you have the people who have their own bands out of their garage..
It's the bass that does it. I can't hear anything else but the bass..

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: zixxer
Yeah. Bass travels the fastest and is the loudest from a distance. Well, how strong's your sub?

erwin1978

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2001
The bass. I know how that is. You can't tell what music is playing but that bass is rattling your brain.

Just throw water balloons over the fence.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Xyclone
Originally posted by: zixxer
Yeah. Bass travels the fastest and is the loudest from a distance. Well, how strong's your sub?
I dunno, Denon 12 something or the other

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Just drown it out with your exhaust.
I actually sold the 675 a couple of days ago.. I got fed up dealing with the sh!tty dealers.. also, my insurance was ridiculous.

I'm gonna try and find a wrecked SV, replace the bars/rad/etc and tool around on that until I'm old enough to not have such horrid insurance prices. I was paying ~$2500 a year for the 675.. my 05 636 was ~$2000..

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
grab him by the back of the head and ram his face into a subwoofer? Okay not a real option but call the cops if it bothers you that much. I had a guy living below me that would work out between midnight and 1am everyday. I would wake up to hear just bass and i had to go and talk to him. I can kinda feel your pain

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Since he stops playing the music when his parents get home, it would seem that they don't like it so you might want to talk to them first before calling the cops.

If you do call the cops, I suggest compiling some evidence beforehand so you can make the complaint stick.

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Captante
Since he stops playing the music when his parents get home, it would seem that they don't like it so you might want to talk to them first before calling the cops.

If you do call the cops, I suggest compiling some evidence beforehand so you can make the complaint stick.
exactly

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
talk to the parents, then call the cops when he's being loud.
:thumbsup:

Also sounds like you have been good about it. Id say its time to up the measures.

ASK THE COMMUNITY