needles...

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Why do people, especially men have such a problem with them? I've known tons of people who haven't donated blood just because they don't want to have them put an IV in their arm.

I've known people who have avoided tests and immunities for deadly diseases soley becuase they don't like needles.

It's not like they inject it into your eye or something. I could understand it then. Just turn your head read the boring pamplets on the wall or something.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have a friend (woman) who freaks out about needles...one of her friends OD'ed on Heroin in high school and died. :(

But that's an exception...

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
I think I hate needles because of my dumb@ss dentist (not longer a patient) who used to get his 'gestapo' like helpers to hold me down when I was a kid :p

I also don't like to have blood tests or give blood because I have very small veins and the technicains or nurses always have to stick me 6 times each arm ot even get a sample.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Its all mental, people see sharp pointy abjects and instincts seem to take over. The fear of the possible pain it can cause grips them. When in reality it is not that bad.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Needles have no effect on me. :D
I had to get allergy shots for 10 years, which I'm guessing is over 2000+ shots, since I had to go in weekly for 8 shots for the first 4 years, biweekly the next year, tri the next, and then once a month.

fake

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not afraid of shots/needles at all, but I'm afraid of having blood drawn. I passed out cold during a blood test and didn't enjoy it.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Aquaman, interesting sidenote - dentists are one of the top feared adults by pre-adolecence children.

This is usually caused by their adult parents who are scared to go to them as well.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I don't really have a problem with needles. I just have a problem with squeezing my blood into a plastic bag. ;)

Seriously, last time I donated blood I had lots of problems. One thing was the bad job of putting the needle in. It hurt like hell! Then, my blood pressure dropped and I almost passed out. They put ice under my shirt and around my neck and told me not to go to sleep. About an eternity later, the plastic bag was full and I was allowed to go sit down under observation for an hour. The bruises on my arm were pretty spectacular too. I'm going to try donating again when I build up the nerve, but I'm still a little gunshy.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Do anything you want to me EXCEPT take blood. Dont know why that freaks me out so much but it does. Have had a few operations and nothing bothers me but taking blood.

Monel Funkawitz

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Because it is MY BLOOD. It is mine. I made it myself, therefore, it stays in me. If you want some blood, get off your lazy ass and make it yourself, but quick begging me for mine. Do you want people to give you everything all your life? - My view on donating

:D (Gawd am I gonna burn in Hell)

Stealth1024

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2000
lol

I've had plenty of shots for immunizations, etc...

IV's, blood drawn, etc. I think would hurt so much more even though it is piercing less skin

I'm the one who the people at the emergency room couldn't find a pulse in my arm after they thought I broke a bone and they started to freak out. Whenever I stove a finger or see a needle or anything like that my entire arm just goes numb and there is no blood in it. weird...

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I don't give blood but it is not because I am afraid though I just don't like needles in my elbow.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
i have no problems with them, when i am sick and i need a quick picker upper, i alway shoot up with penecillin :--)

fix me right up.

dam()

aUt0eXebat

Banned
Oct 9, 2000
needles dont bother me, ive given blood so many times to my bro who needed it.... i get a little light headed after giving blood but i think thats normal