Need Virtual Doctor (nope, don't have leprosy)

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
i just experienced something that felt like a heart attack, but my heart is okay. i have sharp chest pains in my upper right chest area, trouble breathing (have to take short breaths), and i have successive coughs when i don't inhale enough oxygen. what say ye?

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
actually, he shouldn't rush to a doctor. A ER visit is gonna cost an arm or a leg. Don't go if unless you really really really have. Sucks, but that's the state of health care in America.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Is this something that has been in development, or more of a sudden occurance starting with the "fake heart attack"?

Like, was there any pain right before the big one? How old are you, what is your health condition... is there anything you could think of that might have caused this?

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
i'm 23 years old, nothing irregular has ever happened to me before, i was just sitting in class and then this searing pain struck me. if my heart is on my left, it would be to the right of my sternum. i can still feel its effects...

i also went to my family's doctor, but they said that im not covered under their current pacificare plan, so i'd have to wait a week to get some answers

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Where are my Hajime No Ippo fansubs! :| j/k j/k.

WHy don't you head over the Health Center? Webmd.com is your friend.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: AkumaX
i just experienced something that felt like a heart attack, but my heart is okay. i have sharp chest pains in my upper right chest area, trouble breathing (have to take short breaths), and i have successive coughs when i don't inhale enough oxygen. what say ye?

Are you having these symptoms all the time or just once & haven't had it agian?

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: AkumaX

Are you having these symptoms all the time or just once & haven't had it agian?

this just happened, nothing prior to it could have led up to this

(on a scale of 1-10)
the pain started around 1:30pm (8), probably reached its most excruciating peak at around 1:45pm (10), then slowly, slowly started subsiding (probably dropping down 1-2 every hr). now it's 6:10 and i feel about a 3 (it is still hard to breath, i can't take deep breaths because it would hurt too much)

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
And you know your heart is ok how?

You need to see a real doctor, not trust your health/life with what someone over the Internet says.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
People that ask for medical advice on ATOT deserve to be fscked with. It's the new natural selection: if you're dumb enough to come to these guys for health information, you should probably be weeded out of the gene pool.

So, my suggestion to the OP: Eat a bottle of Tylenol PMs, drink as much high-proof alcohol as you can, and do jumping jacks till your feet bleed. That should fix you right up.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Originally posted by: hjo3
People that ask for medical advice on ATOT deserve to be fscked with. It's the new natural selection: if you're dumb enough to come to these guys for health information, you should probably be weeded out of the gene pool.

So, my suggestion to the OP: Eat a bottle of Tylenol PMs, drink as much high-proof alcohol as you can, and do jumping jacks till your feet bleed. That should fix you right up.

is this before or after farting? :p

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
If the pain chages with respiration it's not cardiac related, although there are some very serious pulmonary problems that can be just as deadly.

Yes, I said deadly, see a doctor and don't ask for emergency medical advice on a forum in the future. (if you have a future that is)

iliopsoas

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: hjo3

i hope someone doesn't get liver necrosis from eating a bottle of Tylenol and their family then sues the f*ck out of you.

BassDominator

Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: jooksing
actually, he shouldn't rush to a doctor. A ER visit is gonna cost an arm or a leg. Don't go if unless you really really really have. Sucks, but that's the state of health care in America.

If he has insurance, it will cost him about $50 if he gets admitted..... and I'd be surprised if he wasn't.