Need Video card advice/recommendation

Mantii

Nov 27, 2012
Hey Guys,

I just need a bit of help in making a decision whether I should upgrade at this time or not.

I currently have two EVGA 570s SC running SLI. As the 700 series is just being released and coming to market, what do you guys think? I was leaning towards getting a single 780. What type of performance difference can I expect besides of course the benefits of lower temps, noise, etc? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks guys!

P.S. I play all type of games on my PC @ 1080p, but may upgrade monitor later

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Hey Guys,

I just need a bit of help in making a decision whether I should upgrade at this time or not.

I currently have two EVGA 570s SC running SLI. As the 700 series is just being released and coming to market, what do you guys think? I was leaning towards getting a single 780. What type of performance difference can I expect besides of course the benefits of lower temps, noise, etc? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks guys!

P.S. I play all type of games on my PC @ 1080p, but may upgrade monitor later

The number one question you should ask yourself before deciding whether it's the right time to upgrade your graphics cards is, do they still run my games at a comfortable frame rate with my desired settings?

If the answer to your question is yes, then I'd hold on to them. Overclocking can increase the performance of your cards, so you could try that if you want more FPS.. I'm running 2 overclocked 580s personally and they've held up very well. I'm able to play the latest games at my preferred settings, at 2560x1440 with good performance.

If the answer to your question is no, then by all means, upgrade. Either the GTX 770 or 780 would be a great upgrade. The 770 would be what I would pick personally, as it's price-performance ratio is awesome, much better than the 780.

And if you ever get a larger monitor, you could add another and go SLI..