Need urgent help

Hitman001

Jan 6, 2013
Hello everybody,

So yesterday i got a motherboard (Intel DG41CN) and it was working fine at the first, installed drivers, and i saw that the cpu fan was running at 800 rpm and the cpu was at 35°c i thought maybe if the fan could run a little bit higher i could OC, so i turned off the pc went to the bios and turned off the cpu fan control, (disabled it), then restart pc, when i tried to restart it, it wouldn't Post.

What happens is this : I shorten the two pins to turn on the motherboard, it gives a CLICK noise and the cpu fan start spinning like crazy, then shuts down, after that it starts to spin again like crazy, and the loop continues, until i turn off the power.

Things i have tried :
Resetting bios, by changing the CMOS pins and removing the battery for 5-30-90 mins but nothing then 10 hours and still nothing.
Changed RAM and cleaned them.
Changed CPU fan.
Changed Power supply
Changed CPU.

But the problem consists, and it is really pissing me off, can anyone help me out here please.

I can't RMA it because i am in a poor country and god knows how to do that, nor can i give it back to who i bought it from because he sold it to me working and doesn't want it.

Here are some pics :

vxtuh.jpg

33u34g4.jpg

wsai9x.jpg

2d7hm3t.jpg

bankster55

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2010
Thats a 4+ year old LGA775 micro mobo that you bought used
You could try an overnight (24 hour) CMOS reset:
CMOS shorted pins, battery out, PSU UNPLUGGED

I would guess the 800 fan speed is the bios minimum for fans in CPU header. MAYBE the fan you were using was high speed or high amperage and when you eliminated the min it ran full speed (2200 RPM? 1-2A?) and possibly corrupted the bios or fried something on mobo. So you could try low speed low amp fan AFTER full cmos reset. You could also look on backside for burned traces or burnt smell on big components

There also appears to be an 8 pin SPI socketed bios chip at bottom of mobo. If you can find a replacement that might work - dunno.

Then again you could buy a brand new version of your mobo for $35
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=472

Hitman001

Jan 6, 2013
Ok, something weird happend, i sent it to one of my friends who knows stuff about motherboard, turns out it was because of the ram, but i don't get it, why wouldn't they work? I mean they are both DDR2 667 mhz? one samsung and one kingston, i tried one at a time, it worked for the frist time and then they stopped working, he tried another 256 mb ram and it worked, well it didn't really work, but it started giving him a beep about ram which i didn't get, the motherboard wasn't even starting when i had those rams, so could it really be them?

To sum it up: I sent the motherboard to a guy, he removed the rams it had, 2 GB (1 kingston 667, 1 samsung 667) and placed a 256 mb, and the motherboard turned on and started beeping meaning that the ram is not compatible. but atleast it started unlike when it had those two.

So could really the ram cause this ?

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Take a look at the MB and make sure there are no dust bunnies in the memory slots for starters. Maybe try cleaning the contact points on your memory with rubbing alcoho and something like coffee filters....No dust left. Try one of them and see if it'll boot up.

It's possible the MB is defective. It's possible it's also just picky about ram also.

Dstoop

Sep 2, 2012
I sent the motherboard to a guy, he removed the rams it had, 2 GB (1 kingston 667, 1 samsung 667)

Its entirely possible this is your problem. Old motherboards and cheap motherboards are notorious for being extremely picky about mismatched RAM. You have an old, cheap motherboard.

Ideally all sticks of RAM in a system will be completely identical down to the manufacturer and part number to avoid any sort of compatibility issue.

Try booting with only one stick in the system and see what happens.