Need to talk about Resident Alien

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Not much of a TV person, but I happened to stumble across a new series on SYFY Channel called Resident Alien. Was expecting a Sharknado-level production, but HOLY HELL- this may be the funniest show of 2021 so far!

Premise: An alien flies to Earth with the mission of dropping a device to cause an extinction event. His ship crashes, where comes across a small town doctor. The alien kills him and takes the doctor's form. Knowing next to nothing about humans, the alien gets most of his information from TV and distant observation. He looks and sounds exactly like the doctor to everyone...except a 10 year old boy who happens to be the son of the town mayor. At first the alien decides he has to kill the boy, but he's so inept at looking human he has no idea how to do it. The boy picks up on that and starts taunting him...hilarity ensues.

Oh- while the alien is making relationships and learning about humans, he's also still searching for the extinction device to complete his mission. And hiding the body of the man he killed in a freezer. And has the Sheriff (who is a Samuel L Jackson wanna-be) is investigating a murder. And a million other things. GOTTA WATCH THIS :tearsofjoy:

I think they're up to episode 7 and release one a week, and it's uncensored so expect "Archer" level dialog and hanky-panky.

Reactions: skyking

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I completely forgot about this show. If I recall, it's the new series with Alan Tudyk?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
My husband and I both find it hilarious.

"Humans, on the other hand, are so dumb that they think the leading cause of death is heart disease. It's not. It's almond milk."

(After Darcy kisses him) "Ah! It's rigor mortis! My penis is dying!"

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Every time a new episode starts you must quote this:

By9b2GP.gif

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I completely forgot about this show. If I recall, it's the new series with Alan Tudyk?
Yep- the man is PHENOMENAL. Imagine Star Trek's Commander Data, but a bit evil and not working correctly.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
My husband and I both find it hilarious.

"Humans, on the other hand, are so dumb that they think the leading cause of death is heart disease. It's not. It's almond milk."

(After Darcy kisses him) "Ah! It's rigor mortis! My penis is dying!"
Harry as a doctor is gold.

"I discovered that the woman does not have cancer. I also learned that tit is not the preferred term for breast."

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
That was a fun show! Did they ever make any more of it?
I dunno, it completely fell off my radar when I saw it was locked behind another subscription service and not available in a physical version.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I liked his work in Rogue One. It was fun to see the get up he wore while acting that, so the the other actors had something to play off of.

Reactions: Captante

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
thanks, I don't keep up with these things. It looks like a modern day versioin of moving pictures version of Archie comics!