Need to rinse out my system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes2

Jul 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Babbles
First off ignore any advice that was on that website which was posted. I used to work in the drug testing business, and if you want to take my word for it (or not) that guy is just talking out of his ass.

If it has been nine days and you only smoked a little (one joint?) and are not a habitual smoker, then you are probably fine. THC and the associated metabolites are indeed fat soluble, but that doesn't mean you won't have some floating around your system. Furthermore, it is highly unlikely they would do a drug screen from a blood sample - the sample volume would by nature be very small and you have to prepare the sample in specific ways to screen for drugs of abuse.
Also because any THC in your bloodstream would be at a very, very low concentration and since the blood sample by it's very nature would be small, the chance of finding a concentration of THC above the reporting cutoff level (the minimum value that can be reported as positive) is highly unlikely.

Yeah there yeah go, what he said.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
according to the british tv show braniac, you can actually detect traces of THC in the hair:Q

Hair follicle tests are undefeatable. Whatever you took, as long as the hair you've got was growing at that time, can be detected. And shaving your head isn't enough to get around it... they will also check armpit, pubic, arm, facial, eyebrows, and nose hair if they have to.

This is for any drug at all too, not just THC.

The plus side is hair follicle tests are VERY expensive. Only in the highest level/security jobs will they give them to you.

o ok