Need to depost money into friend's account

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
I owe my previous roommate 30 bucks for the last electric bill. I don't really want to go to my bank, pull out 30, then go deposit it into his bank. Can I somehow use a check to deposit money into his account? I was thinking if I wrote a check to myself, then I would be able to avoid going to my bank. I would just deposit the check directly into his account.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
He lives in another city. 1 hour away. Let me highlight a key phrase. "previous roommate"

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Oiprocs
He lives in another city. 1 hour away. Let me highlight a key phrase. "previous roommate"
Of course, I should've realized that since you no longer live with him, he OBVIOUSLY lives in another city 1 hour away.

Is your previous roomate this guy? Because the two of you seem like a perfect match.

Mail him the check.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Mail him the check?
Go to a branch of his bank and deposit it in his account yourself? (Depending on the bank you might need his account number)
Online billpay and send the check to his bank in his name?

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: Oiprocs
Of course, I should've realized that since you no longer live with him, he OBVIOUSLY lives in another city 1 hour away.

Is your previous roomate this guy? Because the two of you seem like a perfect match.

Mail him the check.

Why do you even bother posting that last bit of advice, "Mail him the check"? It's as if you think your witty remarks get offset by that last sentence.

Moderator, can you prevent the lifers from responding to my threads? I'll send you a copy of the approved list of those who can post. loup garou is not one of them. Thanks! ~Oiprocs

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Call him and get his account number. Write the check out to him. On the back of the check write "For deposit only" and his account number. Fill out a deposit slip and give it to the teller.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Yikes, someone's Cheerios got peed in this morning!

Mail him the check.

Why do you even bother posting that last bit of advice, "Mail him the check"? It's as if you think your witty remarks get offset by that last sentence.

*pouts*

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Yikes, someone's Cheerios got peed in this morning!

Mail him the check.

*pouts*

He doesn't eat cereal for breakfast, only pastries.
Let me highlight a key word. "Cheerios"

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
If you are with any of the big, or even medium sized banks, your online banking site should have online bill pay. Set him up as a biller, and have your bank send him a check.