need to capture video; Dazzle sucks

reefguy

Oct 16, 2000
You know, I never thought I would ever find a product that I would say absolutely sucks. Maybe I still don't but the Dazzle Digital Video Creator that I purchased for $200 sure doesn't deliver, easily. Tech support is difficult, to say the least, to get ahold of. I was able to get the product to work about 5 months ago, in time for daughter's prom and end of year school stuff. I can not for the life of me get the damn thing to work now.

well, enough ranting and raving;

I need a relatively, user friendly way to transfer video from a cam corder to my PC so that I can send it to family and friends over the internet or on CD. I want 3D gaming capapbilities also.

ATI has the All-In-Wonder, what other brands can accomplish this feat?

SiLow

Feb 4, 2001
ATI Radeon 64 DDR VIVO is more than enough for capturing video from camcorders. Another good choice is Matrox's Marvel line of cards but they are lacking in 3D.

Yoshi

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
Is your camcorder digital or analog??

My camcorder is digital (MiniDV) and I have tired both analog capture and digital capture with it. Analog capture was done using the input on my 64Mb VIVO and the included ATI software. This setup works OK when it works, the software is a bit unstable. I do digital capture using an ATI 1394 card. The card costs about $50 and comes bundled with some nice digital video editing software from ULead. You can't beat this package for the home user. Very reliable compared to analog capture. Easier too...the ULead software, like most software designed for use with a digital camcorder, can directly control the camera which greatly simplifies the capture process.