need that seti floppy disk...

Khyron320

Aug 26, 2002
www.khyrolabs.com
i rescently lost the HD on my system "kalimdor" it will be 3 weeks or so before i get the RMA return untill then isnt there a linux floppy disk that will boot your PC and just start crunching?

i have no replacement drive too loan it

Khyron320

Aug 26, 2002
www.khyrolabs.com
thank you much

Kalimdor is a cursed system i swear

ive had a number of windows 2000 reinstalls
ive had a PSU go bad
the first irongate motherboard i had the hard drive controller went bad so im on the 2nd mobo
now a 5400 rpm 2 year old Western digital hard drive has went

before the HD went the cpu was tripping the overheat alarm at 65c (i fixxed this problem finally i figure the sping clips on the athlons Heatsink were wearing out so i bent them back and made it clip on tighter)

it spends more time down then up and running
mabey i need too bust out the sledgehammer and give it a few whacks

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
I have tried that diskless Seti from gibbsoft and was not able to get it to recognize my NIC.

I have also tried several others, no luck yet.

What NIC are you using?

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
If you have a credit card you might want to consider having them do a cross ship. They send the hard drive out usually w/in 24-48 hrs, temporarily charge your credit card for it, when you get the new one you send the busted one back in that box and they refund your credit card when the old one arrives. I've done it a million times.

Khyron320

Aug 26, 2002
www.khyrolabs.com
i can wait for the new HD its an old machine what i gonna use it for anyways?

and the machine has a realtek 8139 which some1 made a special disk for already so i didnt have too mess with that..

also i noticed some1 made a 3com nic disk so if my other machine azeroth ever loses its HD i can keep on crunchin!

my main problem was i didnt know how too move around in linux its so confusing at least going from being a win/dos user

kalimdor takes 9 or more hours for each WU

i dont know how its gonna perform with the linux disk though