Need some website assistance please :)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Ok, this is one of my first "true" attempts at building a website. I'm using front page 2000, which is my first mistake...but anyway.

Here's the page -
http://www.rgiarbys.com/edgewood.htm

When you expand and collapse the folders - does anybody else get a white strip that runs through the middle of the top table?

I can't seem to figure it out. I've changed the cell padding, and the cell spacing. I've also messed around with how far down the paragraph and folder tree start. Seems like everything I do makes this white strip appear in the black tables above.
:|

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
not i, but i would not use that menu that you are using, it took me some time to expand and collapse

dam()

denali

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
No, you might want to make the banner narrower. Also I would check your script to make sure it works in non MS browsers the way you want.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Non IE browsers won't be a problem. All the restaurants or workstations that will eventially be using it are on IE 5.0.

The site will eventually be locked down with a password restriction and only our stores will have the passwords to it.

I'm just testing things out right now.

Can't figure out what the heck is causing that top table to get the line through it.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Looks good to me. The menu system isn't great but it certainly gets the job done. Especially good for your first attempt. My first attempt was on geoshitties and was worse than bad.

LostBoy

Jan 16, 2000
Not bad. I don't get the white line you mention, but a suggestion. Horizontal scroll is bad. Unless you're sure all the computer viewing it will be running at 1024 or better you'll want to fix that. As far as the menu. It works and is functional.

-----------
-Brian
http://www.filmbunker.com

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
AH HA! Found it. A little bastard table was trying to be sneaky on me and snuck his way to the bottom of the page.

Just removed that and the white bar is now gone :)

I'll check on the res problem. Thanks :)

Xede

Oct 15, 1999
I'm using IE 5.0 and I'm not experiencing the white line through that you mentioned. When I expand and collapse the folders, nothing else on the page changes other than the folder itself. Looks fine for me.

TomC25

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Did you mean to show us all the email addresses?

All the other pages were not available or I was sent to download.com.