Need some serious help

iKickCats

Nov 1, 2012
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING

Alright well I have a dielma of sorts I want a gaming lap top I found this http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Pow...ifications but a lot of people are telling me that gaming lap tops usually last only about 2 years if they're mostly used for gaming is this true? I want the gaming lap top mostly for mobile gaming and school. Truthfully I don't want to go into high end type of gaming just tf2 cs:go mods dayZ and warZ. Can someone link me to good gaming laps or should I just build the desk top *keep in mind I have a 360 and I doubt I'll be doing hardcore high end games on the desktop*.Also if the above lap isn't good mind linking me to some that are good I have 800~1k spending limit also I don't care about wight size.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Your link doesn't work. Can you fix it?

ASUS is a pretty solid brand, and 1k will easily get you a nice mid-range gaming laptop that will last you for a little while.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Yup, looks like a fine machine for your needs. If it's in your budget, I say go for it.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
It's a good machine that should stay fairly relevant for lower spec'ed gaming (like you mention) for 3-4 years depending on what you get into later. It's no secret that PC hardware evolves quickly and it's easy to get a few generations behind, but your demands are relatively low so this should be good for a bit longer than most.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
I purchased an Asus laptop(refurbished) for gaming about two years ago and it has served me very well...Asus is a top notch brand. However, the mode G75vw you mentioned comes in many different configs...check it out on Amazon. The least expensive is around 1100.00 with not very good specs. The price goes up from there to close to 2000.00.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Thats a nice one there. Keep in mind though that getting a capable gaming laptop is never cheap.

iKickCats

Nov 1, 2012
Thanks everyone! Now, for dumb question #1 can the lap top I posted above handle dayz,warz and all the games I mentioned above?

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
It should do just fine with the games you mentioned.
One thing to keep in mind that it sometimes pays off to buy low specs on parts you can change yourself. Such as Hard Drive and Memory. As far as Processor and Video card you want as good as you can and if a new option is on the horizon it might make sense to wait a few weeks.