Need some questions with semi-easy answers to ask random people

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
I am looking for questions if you only give me one i will be happy. Basically I am doing a small show for a group of people like street smarts and I need to come up with some questions to ask people on the street. Please not to challenging and not really easy. IF YOU ONLY LEAVE ONE I WILL THANK YOU!

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Street-smarts, eh?

What is the most common place for people to put their spare key?

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
how do you pronounce the capitol of kentucky, louisville, or louieville?

answer: no, it's frankfort you idiot

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Which two US presidents died on the same day?

What % of the earth's surface is permanently covered with ice?

What is the largest island in the world?

What continent has no deserts?

madworm

May 31, 2005
Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
Originally posted by: radioouman
Will the plane take off....?

Do you happen to have a link to that original thread? I remember reading it but would like to be re-informed if it was archived. :)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
What is the demographic of your intended audience/people you'll ask? That will dictate what said "easy questions" will be. They need to be appropriate to the age group.

Some 80-year old man will not know "Who is Kevin Federer?" for example.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: MichaelD
What is the demographic of your intended audience/people you'll ask? That will dictate what said "easy questions" will be. They need to be appropriate to the age group.

is kevin federer the love child of legendary freeloader kevin federline and tennis phenom roger federer?

edit: sp

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: hungfarover
Originally posted by: MichaelD

is kevin federer the love child of legendary freeloader kevin federline and tennis phenom roger federer?

edit: sp

Yep.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
who is the vice-president
who is the secretary of state
who is the president of france
who is the prime minister of UK
how many continents are there
how many planets are there
how many states are there
where is the eiffel tower located
where is big ben located
on which continent is the sahara desert
on which continent is the amazon river

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
What is the sun? (apparently a lot of people don't know its a star) What is the biggest country in the world, in terms of land, then in terms of people? How many people are there in the world? Do you believe in god?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Who discovered electricity? (Ben Franklin)

What is a peninsula? (a body of land with water on 3 sides)

If "flammable" means that soemthing will burn, does "inflammable" mean that it won't? (no, they both mean the same thing).

How many US Senators are there? (100, 2 from each state)

How many Senators are from Washington DC? (none, it is not a state, it is a "district").

Which political party was Abraham Lincoln from, Dem or Repub? (Repub)

Fern

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: madworm
Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?

In the same spirit:

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Who is our current vice president?

What day date did 9/11 happen on?

Who is the governor of (insert state you live in)?

How long has the US been a country

a 100 years
b 230 years
c 450 years
d 784 years

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Fern
Who discovered electricity? (Ben Franklin)

Wikipedia (Electricity):
The ancient Greeks and Parthians knew of static electricity from rubbing objects against fur.
Though Benjamin Franklin's famous "invention" of electricity by flying a kite in a thunderstorm turned out to be more fiction than fact

Wikipedia (History of Electricity):
The history of electricity, that is the human understanding thereof, dates back to the Ancient Greeks and Parthian civilization, over two thousand years ago. According to Thales of Miletus, writing at around 600 BC, the Greeks had found that rubbing fur on various substances, such as amber, would cause a particular attraction between the two. The Greeks noted that the amber buttons could attract light objects such as hair and that if they rubbed the amber for long enough they could even get a spark to jump.

An object found in Iraq in 1938, dated to about 250 BC and called the Baghdad Battery, resembles a galvanic cell and is believed by some to have been used for electroplating.