Need some practical joke input, help me out you miscreants!

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Okay...one of our rent-a-cops has been on the phone at the end of the hallway for like 30min with his girlfriend when he's supposed to be keeping an eye on who gets through the double doors at the end of the hallway here. He's so busy talking his woman up I could have grabbed his gun (sitting on the table where he's supposed to be stationed:Q) and his walkie-talkie. On top of that...this particular Barney Fife groupie was incredibly rude to my mom when she visited me for lunch here at work on her way through town to Savannah a while back.

I need some suggestions to booby-trap the phone....nothing that would cause injury or anything like that. Just something embarassing or startling. Any ideas? I'm thinking a good coating of silver nitrate on the receiver might do the trick (stains skin black and is kinda itchy).

Fausto

Shack70

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2000
Put grease on the phone so when he puts it up to his ear, he gets a nice big black ring

joinT

Lifer
Jan 19, 2001
Get some poison oak & (wearing gloves) rub it all over the phone before he uses it :p

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
how about you be a man about it, talk to him about it and then go tell his supervisor, or your supervisor. a practical joke is about having fun with someone you like and are friends with (or at least like). what you are trying to do is just mean. :disgust:

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Hot firey napalm of vengeful justice. Pretty, enveloping, warm, loyal goo. You will need a bottle to put it in.

Will also leave a black stain.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
pour gasoline on him and set him on fire. that one always gets them

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000

<< how about you be a man about it, talk to him about it and then go tell his supervisor, or your supervisor. a practical joke is about having fun with someone you like and are friends with (or at least like). what you are trying to do is just mean >>

This is true. He is, however, an a**hole and deserves it. Also, this is a big security provider a la Argenbright....no point in complaining as they're all incompetent twits. My complaint would go like this:

Me: Guard X was on the phone with a lady friend and left his gun sitting on the counter where I could have easily grabbed it without him noticing.

Supervisor: Okay...I'll talk to him.

<crickets chirping>

End of story.

Fausto

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

<<

<< how about you be a man about it, talk to him about it and then go tell his supervisor, or your supervisor. a practical joke is about having fun with someone you like and are friends with (or at least like). what you are trying to do is just mean >>

This is true. He is, however, an a**hole and deserves it. Also, this is a big security provider a la Argenbright....no point in complaining as they're all incompetent twits. My complaint would go like this:

Me: Guard X was on the phone with a lady friend and left his gun sitting on the counter where I could have easily grabbed it without him noticing.

Supervisor: Okay...I'll talk to him.

<crickets chirping>

End of story.
>>

so complain to the person in charge of hiring the security for the company. one complaint and that guy is gone. you might get a "nice" guy when they reassign someone. trust me i worked private security for over 3.5 years. the security company does not want complaints from the client, especially if it is a firearm carrying firm. no matter how crappy the security company is, they don't want to hear complaints from clients.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Hmmm...perhaps you are right, since you have been on the other side of this equation. I appreciate the input even though that wasn't really my intent with this thread.

This clown had his pistol sitting on the table where he's supposed to be stationed....out of the holster...with his back to it while he was on the phone. That kinda pissed me off since I'm a federal employee and thus a potential target for terrorist a**holes and they've hired a bunch of lowbrow incompetents to "protect" us. The guy that works in the visitor center literally cannot read....he couldn't find my name in our directory even after a friend who dropped by for lunch spelled it for him three times. Was McDonalds not hiring that day, or what?

Fausto

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
soooo are you at work while posting on ATOT? just a question :)

I say you talk to your supervisor or whoever is in charge of dealing with them.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<< how about you be a man about it, talk to him about it and then go tell his supervisor, or your supervisor. a practical joke is about having fun with someone you like and are friends with (or at least like). what you are trying to do is just mean. :disgust: >>

:) Score :)

Nik

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
He's standing right behind me reading this thread....the silver nitrate was his idea, BTW.:D

Fausto

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
I'm at work and post to ATOT all the time!!

ain't nuttin wrong with that! gotta master "mutli-tasking" ;)

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Your a biologist at the CDC and you can't find something laying around in the lab to put on the phone????

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000

<< Your a biologist at the CDC and you can't find something laying around in the lab to put on the phone???? >>

Hehe...it would be fun to see him trying to see him trying to explain to his doctor how he got a Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection in his right ear.:D

I just changed the phone display to Chinese characters and cranked the volume all the way up on the ringer....that should keep 'em busy for a while.

Fausto