Need Some New Tunes..Suggestions?

TrevorK

Oct 11, 2000
I'm getting tired of the CDs in my car, so I'm gonna grab some new ones. I'm looking for fresh stuff I haven't heard. I like stuff like Godsmack, Fuel, RATM. Hell, I've even taking to listening to Linkin Park now, not bad stuff. No rap/country/pop/etc... I think my taste is more of hard rock, although I don't want the trash stuff...

Anyone have some good suggestions? If you could point towards some smaller bands that aren't as well known that'd be great too. Always nice to hear new stuff.

Trevor

TrevorK

Oct 11, 2000
I actually tried comedy stuff once, a Chris Rock CD, and I almost died laughing, which isn't a good thing while I'm trying to drive...

Trevor

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Probably a little mellow for your tastes, but I'm really digging the band Coldplay right now. The entire CD is excellent... sounds like "Pablo Honey"-era Radiohead (or Travis) but they do have their own sound.

l2c

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm sorry, but that Seinfeld performance has to be the most unfunny stand-up act I have ever seen. And I'm a big Seinfeld (the show) fan.

I haven't found anything really new that I have wanted lately, so I just went back and bought some stuff I wanted but never got around to picking up:

The Paladins "Slippin' In" (rockabilly, probably not your thing)
Incubus "Make Yourself" (I have no idea why I didn't buy this when it came out)
Nelly "Country Grammar" (this one too)

I would like to pick up some brand new stuff too, but nothing that I don't already have is calling me right now.

TrevorK

Oct 11, 2000
Incubus? I think I've heard of them before. What kind of music do they play?

Trevor

TrevorK

Oct 11, 2000
Any Deftones album in particular? And what's the difference between the two White Pony albums?

AFI? Is that the name or ? Never heard of them...

Trevor

DaLeroy

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2000
DaLeroy stands up and does Deeko impersonation "'Ow about some N'Sync or Back Street Boys? Nice mainstream music... ":)

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
Deftones re-released their album with one more song on it that wasn't included in the first offering. My favorite song off of White Pony is Passenger, it features Chino (the lead singer from Deftones) and Maynard of Tool, also the lead singer.

dm

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Give up on that wuss rock.

The Refused
At the Drive In
Samiam
Mr. T Experience
Cave In
Thrice

KingHam

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Radiohead is one of my favorite bands.....all these cd's are really good (in order of how I like 'em):

The Bends
OK Computer
Pablo Honey

cipher00

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2001
Fugazi. "In on the Kill Taker", for one. Joe Satriani for instrumentals is a nice way to pass the time sitting behind the Nissan in front of you....:)