Need some help about ebay buyer

imported_Krypto

Aug 31, 2004
I sold a power supply on ebay on the 11th of this month. I emailed the guy asking what payment he was going to use etc and told him that I could also take non-CC paypal. My other options were MO or check. So I get this email back:

NO CC PAYMENTS VIA PAYPAL? HOW DO I MAKE PAYMENT ELSE? USING PAYPAL? THANKS BILL

So I told him that non-cc paypal was the funds in your actual paypal account. I had this all written out in plain english for him in the shipping and payment instructions in the invoice I sent him. Now I haven't heard one word or received any kind of payment from him EVEN THOUGH he could've sent a money order or a check. I told him that I could also take MO or a check and that it would be fine.

My question to guys is what can I do about this? It pisses me off that I haven't heard from him since and that I have emailed him numorous times. Any ideas as to what I can do or somehow get ebay involved in this? Thanks in advance.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: cavemanmoron
relist,becasue the previous bidder didn't pay.

List it as a Buy-it now,paypal only auction. ;)

Confirmed. Either the guy is dumb, trying to screw you (somehow, I dunno how), or is foreign and shouldn't be buying stuff out of N. America. Send him one last email giving him until xxx date to pay or else you're relisting, then simply relist and leave him neutral feedback.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Do you specify any timeframe for payments to be made? If so and the time has passed, relist and file a non-[aying bidder complaint with eBay. You will get reimbursed in about 10 days.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
When you list the auction, DO NOT click the "accept Paypal" button.

Why? Because the Paypal logo with credit cards will be dispalyed.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
what did the auction state was acceptable payments? if the auction said paypal, you gotta take paypal. if it did not say NO CC PAYPAL... then you gotta take cc paypal or get your neg. What matters is not what the invoice you sent says. what matters is what the auction description states.

if you offered to accept paypal AFTER the auction, which did not state paypal, then you should be ok.

and non cc paypal is not only a paypal balance, it is also a bank transgfer, iirc.

cy7878

Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
what did the auction state was acceptable payments? if the auction said paypal, you gotta take paypal. if it did not say NO CC PAYPAL... then you gotta take cc paypal or get your neg. What matters is not what the invoice you sent says. what matters is what the auction description states.

if you offered to accept paypal AFTER the auction, which did not state paypal, then you should be ok.

and non cc paypal is not only a paypal balance, it is also a bank transgfer, iirc.

CC paypal make a difference? I thought Paypal charged a fee on all business member accounts regardless of fund source?

imported_Krypto

Aug 31, 2004
Ok, to answer all of your questions:

I am thinking about relisting but I have one last option before I do that.

I did not specify a time frame but I did ask for the buyer to contact me after the auction ended to discuss payment.

I did not click the "Accept Paypal" option, I only specified that I accept non-cc paypal in my shipping and payment discription.

The acution stated that MO, Check, and Other were acceptable payment options. And then I added in the payment discription that I could accept non-cc paypal.

If you have a paypal account where you can accept credit card payments then you get fined with any type of paypal transaction through that account. However, if you did not add a credit card to your paypal account then you won't get fined but you also cannot accept paypal credit card payments.

The guy that bought it has 267 feedback at 98.2% and most of them say that he payed fast so I have no idea what the problem is. I'm going through ebay to solve this as a last resort, then if that doesn't work I'll relist explaining that the buyer did not pay. I'm not going to leave feedback because that can come right back in my face.

shilala

Lifer
Oct 5, 2004
90% of the paypal using public has no idea what non-cc paypal is.
Aside from that, you're a cheap bitch.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Krypto
NO CC PAYMENTS VIA PAYPAL? HOW DO I MAKE PAYMENT ELSE? USING PAYPAL? THANKS BILL

the frickin guy doesn't understand english and you think he's gonna comprehend non-cc paypal? accept credit card payments on ebay or suffer the idiots.