Need some Final Fantasy 7 help....

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
HOw in the Hell do you beat the fvcHing Midgar Zolom???!?!?!
Is there a trick? Or a certain party that's the best? Or What??
Grr....
So damn annoying.
LMK

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I don't remember that one. Describe where you are and give me the boss stats. I beat the game completely (both weapons, ruby and emerald too). I had all my guys at level 99 too.

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
I'm just past Kalm,
the boss is at level 26,
Cloud's at level 15,
Barrett at 14
Red whatever at 14
Tifa at 14
Aeris at 12.
the Zolom has 4000 HP.
not weak against anything.
He's annoying as he11

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Is he the guy in the swamp? You can't beat him. You have to go to the chocobo farm, buy some chocobo lure and capture a chocobo. You use that to run across the swamp so you don't have to fight him.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
You should have a few more levels for you guys ( makes it easier), but oh well.

Try using Aeris and Tiffa to heal a lot. Attack with Cloud and Barret. Use the limit attacks has they become available. Also put Aeris and Tiffa in the back row to reduce the damage the take.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I'm lost, I haven't played for awhile. I just started the game again and it is great. I think FF7 is the best RPG out there behind FF6 and Chrono Trigger.

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
Yea, plus, i just got him down to 200 hp, but he hits you out when you get near to killing him. I'll just get a chocobo.

Crysla

Banned
Jan 26, 2000
How much gil do you have market? You need to go to Choco Billy at the Chocobo Farm and buy the Chocobo Lure for 2000 gil. Then you can lure the Chocobo. You do not need greens to actually lure him, with the materia in one of your slots. Also, do not forget to talk to the Chocobo out at the front fence. When you do, you will get them to dance, and drop a Choco/Mog Materia. Which is a Summon materia.

Just go outside the farm and run around near or on the chocobo tracks...when a chocobo shows up in a fight, finish the fight quickly without injuring the chocobo...wallah....you can cross the swamp cuz you just got yourself a chocobo.

This will be faster than leveling up.:)

Princess;)

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
All i can say, is make SURE you have an enemy skill materia equipped so you can learn Beta from him. It's invaluable later on ;).

Oh, and like it was already said... use your limit breaks! My preferred party at that point in the game is Cloud, Red 13, and Barret. (Actually, my preferred party throught the game is Cloud, Red 13, and Vincent.) Midgar Zolom is beatable, but you might want to gain a level or 2. Oh, and remember... if you keep the same party, those members get Uber-powerful, but the rest of them get about 2/3 the experience.. so your main party members might get to level 70, but the rest of them minght be about 55 or so. Just keep this in mind, because you won't always have the ability to keep the same members (without giving away too much - ;)).

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
Ok, One more question,
I heard somewhere around fort condor i can get another person. Like in the woods or something??

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Yes, that's Yuffie. You have to beat her, but be careful in the way you answer the questions. Read the FAQ, it's all there :)

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I think you answer yuffie's question in up down order. First one top answer, second one botton, and so on. Yuffie is ok, and you get Leviathan summon if you beat her quest, but she never got into my party. My prefered party was Cloud, Tifa, and Red. I would have used Vincet, but his limits kinda suck.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
If you can get beta early on its great. I think that if one of your party members gets knocked out and he casts beta on the one with enemy skill you get it. You can use that move and beat almost every enemy in one hit for a long time. I doubt it will work thought.

SKiller

Oct 10, 1999
The only good reason to fight it is to get Beta, you get very few exp points for beating it.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
BOSS TIPS: MIDGAR ZOLOM LV: 26 HP: 4000 MP: 348

This boss has two deadly attacks: one is a tail swipe that knocks a team member off-screen and puts them out of commission for the rest of the battle. The other one is the Beta enemy skill, which inflicts around 1000-1200 points of damage (which spells instant defeat if your allies are weak, although you should try to pick up this skill if you have a Enemy Skill materia equipped). Along with his bite attack, this serpent can be a tough enemy if you try to fight him earlier in the game. It's easier if you try to defeat him after you have Cid's airplane, since you can use Limit Breaks and powerful summon and magic spells to kill it. Unfortunately, you get a measly amount of EXP, AP, and gil for beating the boss and what's worse, he reappears when you return to the World Map, so you're right back where you started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that if Midgar Zolom knocks one of your allies off-screen, the game won't end should the other members be killed; instead, you'll find yourself standing at the edge of the marsh.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
you are supposed to catch a chocobo and ride past the zolom.

if you want a cheat\editor for the PC version that boosts your characters' ratings, let me know.

--

just saw that crysla posted it...