Need some advice (alright, I can't come up with an original thread title, sue me :))

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Alright, here's the situation.

I've been somewhat friends this girl for about a year and a half now. We've talked quite a bit, although not much recently since we're not in any of the same classes this year, although we still say hello to each other and stuff. I've been wanting to ask her out for a while now, and although I did once a few months ago and she accepted, we both had to cancel due to scheduling problems. At the time, no future plans were made.

Anyway, that being said, I still like her a bit, and I think she does also. The problem is a) I lost some confidence over time for no logical reason that I can think of, and b) I'm not sure exactly what to say. I've been putting it off for a few weeks now, and I'm the procrastinating type, so I don't want to put this off forever.

Uh, I don't know what exactly I'm asking for here, I guess just mainly suggestions and support. I'm planning to ask her tomorrow. I guess I'll be asking her to a movie, but that's been so outdone I'd like to come up with something else if possible.

Oct 9, 1999
Go for it bro. Ask her out. If not a movie, try coffee, find a cute coffee house and ask her.

I remember hesitating when I asked a girl out. I was the ultimate loser... atleast that is what others who knew me called my efforts in trying to get a date. I had 103 NO's before I got a YES. The 104th took a bit of courage to ask and I got a yes.

If I can do it you can.. Just do it!

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
just do it man, even if she doesn't see you as more than friends, she would still want to go out and catch up on things. like tgg said, do something very relaxed, coffee, pool, something easy to talk at, but not extremely romantic.

good luck!

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I second the go for it! Just be positive and confident. Pick a fun light movie you think she'll enjoy or something and just go up to her with a big Hi and smile and say something like, Hey I seem to remember that I owe you a (movie, date, lunch, whatever) from a while back. What do you say we go (see __________, get coffee at, have lunch at, go to the dance at, whatever).

Good luck! :)

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
just ask her to the movies, coffee etc. it doesn't matter where/what, just ask! :) good luck ;)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Pretender: You seem like a really sweet guy, and any girl would be lucky if you asked her out. Just go for it, like the others said. Oh, and do not do what HoopDogg suggested... ;)

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
God, movies are THE WORST first date... the last thing you want to do with a girl is sit in the dark and stare at a screen for two hours. You want to talk, laugh, and hopefully have fun TOGETHER.

My suggestion, go out to dinner, then hit a coffee shop or pick up some ice-cream and go for a walk through a park (or even through downtown if it's not too crazy). If you must do something, do something fun together, like an arcade or something (try to play games in which you work together, instead of against one another)... i'm 24 and would still do that, so it's not just for kiddies.. just don't spend 4 hours there.

Oct 9, 1999
yeah.. movies are suck for first dates.. good only if you got teh devil in you.. makingout on the first date isnt a good start on a relationship if you cherish that girl and your relationship to her.

try something fun.. outdoors. I didnt go for a movie with my girl friend until the 4th date.. and we didnt kiss - ok my friends were sitting on either side of us.

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
Don't ask her to a movie. Movies are for dating couples. For 2 hours you're in a dark room watching the screen. Awkward for a first date.

Coffeehouse, Dinner, Bowling, maybe a quiet bar for drinks.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Thanks for all the helpful comments, I appreciate it.:) I agree that a movie isn't exactly the best choice, but I'm only 16 so the choices are somewhat limited.

Anyway, I have an essay to do tonight, so I probably won't be back here tonight, but I'll check this thread tomorrow, so please keep posting stuff.